Why is Next Gen not being brought to PC for Madden 22?

by SeymourSnatches

Original Post

Re: Why is Next Gen not being brought to PC for Madden 22?

★ Apprentice
@joekerrz Right! It had to take more effort to take it out of the game than just leave it in...
Message 51 of 169 (2,758 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Honestly I'm confused why they would not release Next Gen version to PC.  I mean the Series X is just a Windows 10 PC basically.  Its running a console version of Windows 10 on a hyper V hyper visor most likely if its like the Xbox One OS.  The game is probably using DX12 on the Series X.  You should almost be able to do a direct port over, of course you have to make sure it works with all the various PC hardware, sound chips/cards, graphics cards and so on which is where the real development time comes in.

My only thought is that EA and 2K for that matter may have some agreement with Sony/Microsoft to not release updated "Next Gen" versions of their games and feature sets to PC or older consoles to promote new console sales for maybe 2 years or so.  NBA 2k last year was the old version and I wouldn't be surprised if NBA 2K22 PC is once again not updated to Next Gen version this year.  

I have subbed to EA Play Pro since it started as Origin Pro or whatever it was called, and the main reason is EA normally releases at least 1-2 games a year that I play that pays for the sub.  Madden was a given for me once it came to PC.  This year also I messed with FIFA some and Mass Effect Legendary Edition as well so the $100 annual was worth the month for sure.  But honestly I played Madden 21 mostly on my Xbox Series X I managed to snag luckily and it seems that will be the case this year.  So may be time to cancel the EA Play Pro thing for a time before I pay the next $100 August 30th....  

@EA_Blueberry If EA what's to keep making money on this games as a service subscription model they need to keep releasing compelling PC titles.  Or make EA Play Pro a subscription like Game Pass Ultimate where it covers both Windows PC and Xbox Consoles like I have been asking for over 3 years now.  My RTX 3090 and 38" Ultra Wide monitor really hates not having Next Gen games for PC!

They should take a lesson from Ubisoft, though also not the greatest company, at least they release the same stuff on console and PC, with PC being normally better as it should be if you have the hardware.  Major plus is that recently released games like AC Vahalla and Immortals Fenyx Rising they even have cross platform saves.  I actually bought AC Vahalla on both my PC and Xbox Series X so I could play the same game saves from the couch when I got tired of sitting at the PC.  

Message 52 of 169 (2,701 Views)

★ Apprentice
@thealphamale23 @joekerrz They changed the Origin Madden description by the way Wink
Message 53 of 169 (2,688 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Oli695 It's still the same description on my origin app.
Message 54 of 169 (2,677 Views)

Community Manager
@thealphamale23

I sent this up to the team to be aware of and I'm glad they made adjustments to the description.

To confirm you're on the latest version, can you try deleting the app and re-install it? If it still shows up for you, can you let me know where on the app it's stating that? A screenshot is perfect if you are able to attach it here.
Blueberry.png
Message 55 of 169 (2,665 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry I just checked it again and it changed.
Amazing how your team jumped on that issue so fast!
Message 56 of 169 (2,654 Views)

★ Apprentice

How about you hook me up with a game code for helping you guys out?

Message 57 of 169 (2,636 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry Im quite disapointed to see that reaction so fast from EA about this "false advertising" since the topic here is no next gen on PC and all the b******* around it, please giving us real reasons if you got some, but don't try to drown the fish with some adjustment on the store ^^.
Message 58 of 169 (2,599 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

So basically the game is made on PCs, and can run on PCs, but nope, can't just port it over. Its just too hard to create a new folder labeled "Madden 22 Next Gen - PC version," then select all from the Xbox Series X folder, click the copy button, click the paste button in the "Madden 22 Next Gen - PC version" folder, and then release that version of the game to PC players as well. Then have both versions available to PC players in case they don't work on the customer's current PC. Problem solved easily and everyone is happy.

I've been playing Madden for 16+ years. I have played on PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One X (not to be confused with series X), and PC more recently. Out of all of those different versions, the PC version sounds and looks the best. This same thing happened during the last new console too, except EA just dropped the PC version because they didn't want to deal with the hassle of doing this and maintaining the servers (easy for a billion dollar company to do)

I will compliment EA on something that shocked me.  EA Play Pro members do get the Dynasty edition of Madden 22 for free as long as they subscribe, so that is one good thing. Just a tip for others seeing this, the annual price saves you a lot of money, plus its the price of Madden 22 Dynasty edition anyway and you get 10% off of other purchases too (including MUT stuff I think confirm for me Blueberry), and other EA games to play as well. Now if we can just convince EA to upgrade the PC players version to the next gen version instead of the last gen so we can have all of the awesome new features that they added to the gameplay and presentation.

Message 59 of 169 (2,515 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@JMEllis2020 I think, honestly, the only way they will upgrade PC is if they get called out like they did last year or people stop buying it on all systems.
Message 60 of 169 (2,510 Views)