Re: Why is Next Gen not being brought to PC for Madden 22?

by CBlan1224

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Madden 22 is officially the final version of Madden I will ever buy.  I am so tired of EA treating PC players as second-class gamers.  Considering current-gen PCs already are way more powerful than current-gen consoles, there is absolutely ZERO excuse to not include the new systems.  I would suggest all other PC players speak with their wallets as well, and wait for Take-Two's arcade NFL 2k series returns (anticipated this year).  It will most likely be better than EA's product anyways, which has been sub-par for years.  ESPN 2k5, despite being 17 years old still playe better than anything Madden has made in the last 10-15 years. 

The best way to get EA to listen is not with words, but actions.  We complain year after year, and they don't listen.  Why?  Because we still give them their money.  Once we stop giving them our money, they will have no choice but to listen.

Message 151 of 169 (1,354 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry any word on why we still have 2013 level assets on PC? A potato could run that game. There is literally no excuse why we are being disregarded every year. You do know that there are a lot of us not spending money because of this, right? For years now? If any other football game comes out, I believe you will see just how much PC gaming has grown, even amongst sports fans. Even a basic game with mod support would sell like hot cakes, but no one is buying another recycled version of Madden 25. 

We should be given the option, if they think it's necessary to keep requirements low. It is not our fault they couldn't scale their engine.

It would be nice to have some sort of legit answer, as we are going on 3 years.

Message 152 of 169 (1,339 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

adding to this. I've heard some talk of madden being 2 separate games one next gen and one current gen. this could be a good idea for pc if EA is willing to put in effort however I doubt that would happen. but pc deserves next gen as most computers as you said can run it easily

Message 153 of 169 (1,255 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@CalvinistGamer82 this wont work because we stop buying from them on pc they stop selling to us on pc. they wont give us next gen they just wont give us the game
Message 154 of 169 (1,254 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Axxxle I feel like they don't want to give PC next gen because EA Play Pro members automatically get Madden each year for free. so if they made it next gen, then they wouldn't be getting that money from a player who pays for it on Next Gen system, even though they have the last gen version on PC with their EA Play Pro.

That is the only thing I can come up with. So until they tell us different, its just EA being greedy once again.
Message 155 of 169 (1,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_BlueberryIt is beyond frustrating to see EA consistently short change the PC community. Without a next gen confirmation being added to Madden 23s release, myself, along with my friend group who have invested time and money into previous Madden releases will no longer purchase Madden games on PC or any other platform for that matter. I will not go out of my way to invest money into a separate platform when the money I've put into my PC components are expensive enough. We will instead be looking forward to the release of the 2k Football game slated to be revealed later this year. Madden along with EA has officially lost the business of my friend group which number in the dozens, along with the countless others who will no longer participate in the Madden community because of this. Enough is enough.

Message 156 of 169 (966 Views)

★★ Novice

Honestly ridiculous is all i gotta say

Message 157 of 169 (681 Views)

Re: Why is the PC Version of Madden 22 not Next Gen?!?!?

★ Guide

Once again EA is shafting PC players. This time it’s a step away from ending any and all brand loyalty for me. Seriously considering never buying an EA product again. 

Message 158 of 169 (646 Views)

★ Apprentice

Actually I'm the last guy who would not love to have a ng Madden on PC, but I gotta' say...

The sad truth with all of this is that most of you only about showing the hate for yourself for not having just a little bit of self control, self esteem and patience. You've been born and raised in societies that tought you from the beginning of your days to get everything you want as soon as you feel the need to have it, which is simply just a completely false and illusionary concept of yours and something your parents miserably failed to teach you in life. Because of so much inborn ignorance you can not accept that this is really much more about yourself than about anyone else or even "EA".

It's so ridicoulous to see how most of u are trying to force their wants on EA and everything that's going on in your childish minds. Basically why would EA or anyone in this world care about so much selfishness beeing aimed at them? You guys act and talk like EA would be forcing you to buy their games every year.

It's embarrasing watching some of you guys moving in and out with statements like "yo EA this was the last Madden I bought" only to come meet you again taking part in this Madden community anyways. Most of you that be like "Yo EA why u release the same crap every year?", still buy Madden again regardless, just to then repeat your ignorant rants. And you guys are everywhere. From the Officials, to Steam, to Reddit, FB and Youtube. How about you simply just accept the answer EA has given and to wait in patience until EA feels comfortable to port all the ng features to PC? Wouldn't that even be possible? I mean it's not like anyone of us would have any other option, right?

If there would be no Madden on PC the same way like there's no more NHL and NBA, you wouldn't even be able playing Football at all without owning a console, right? So what in the world are you even talking about? PC market has been a niche market for EA ever since. Only you who groan simply do not understand that beeing a producer does not mean having to produce something exclusively that you guys want to have right here right now. Stop buying Madden on PC if you don't like to be waiting in second line! Nobody has to be blamed or feel ashamed for making that decision.

Simply wait until the game has all the features that you feel you need to have to ever like playing or buying Madden again! It's not like you would have any other option anyways. So stop crying like little kids that did not get candy! There are other games out there that you could waste your time with. But finally stop with your aimless and completely exaggerated rants over the back of the Madden community. Like what's the sense in all of this beeing aimed at EA officials that in the end do not even have anything to do with the decisions beeing made that we're talking about here? Do you guys ever reflect on things you say?

You are not getting Madden with ng features on PC yet due to EA not beeing finished with the ng revamp that's happening on consoles. The only thing you can do about it is to simply to accept it. But stop acting like those rants would move anything in any meaningful direction!

Message 159 of 169 (546 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Emme187 do you know how the world works? It took an entire twitter campaign just to get them to insert basic franchise features.
There are 4 threads that are 20 pages long, each, asking for madden to be updated. That is just on EA forums alone.

If everyone shared your logic, I would hate to see how little technological progress would be made.

Below is a general statement that can be applied to all business.
Without;
A)Competition
Or
B) People roasting corporations when they get complacent and/or greedy(intel?)

There would be little, to NO progress.

Guys..make as much noise as possible. That is how things are done in 2022.
Message 160 of 169 (531 Views)