Re: Why is K/D so highly reagrded in BF? It's NOT the ONLY Team STAT...

by VOLBANKER_PC

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@VOLBANKER_PC As I said, so what as a low KD does not necessarily and automatically mean a bad player and that is the main point.

Too many people use KD as a means to demean others and that is not always warranted.
Message 21 of 148 (459 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Trokey66 But a high K/D player who PTO is a better player than a low K/D player who PTO...
Message 22 of 148 (454 Views)

★★ Guide
@Trokey66 Even in TDM K/D can be very misleading when, for example, an assault goes on a tear, which was only possible because they were revived multiple times and kept getting topped up with health and ammo by their squad/teammates.

Also, playing medic with self-heal allows you to be far more aggressive in TDM compared to other classes. If you are constantly facing opposition who aren't full health - you have a much better chance of getting a higher K/D when all is said and done.
Message 23 of 148 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

To clarify:

When people in this thread say you can be a good player even though you have a bad K/D, then sure, you can.

If you push the objectives while doing what you can to help the team with supportive actions such as heals, revives, resupplies, repairs & spotting enemies then yes, you are a good player.

No question about it.

However if you do the exact same hing - push the objectives while being a good squad and team player who heal, revive etc. as mentioned above - then you are a better player if you can do this with a K/D of 2 than with a K/D of 0.5

That’s all I’m saying.

Message 24 of 148 (442 Views)

★★★★ Guide

K/D ratio doesnt tell the whole story.  Obviously someone with a K/D of 6 but is bottom half of the scoreboard is not as good as someone with a KD of 1 who is at the top.  As long as your K/D is over 1, then all is good in my eyes. Though to be fair if you are an uber medic who revives a ton of people yet has a slightly negative K/D that is also grand.  You definitely dont need a high K/D to top the scoreboard.  I was top in one round of Frontlines  on Devestation with zero kills, zero deaths but spamming flares in the Cathedral. 

Message 25 of 148 (434 Views)

★★★ Guide
@psylentrage76 I believe their is no battle-log for people to track stats this game.

But unsure if you can still use Battletracker for 2042
Message 26 of 148 (412 Views)

★★★★ Guide

After every round, next to the K/D should also show the number of times revived in brackets.  Just because the scoreboard shows 32 kills to 4 deaths, doesnt mean you werent defeated many times more.   Being in a decent squad, especially a mic'd up clan will inflate your K/D immensely.  Obviously being revived wont lose your team a ticket (game mode dependent), but you were still 'killed'. 

Message 27 of 148 (390 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@VOLBANKER_PC No offence mate but this is a prime example of KD being part of the problem, you feel the need to push the high KD, High score as the better player.

That is obvious so again, so what? You are missing the basic point of the all to mentioned mantra of 'High KD - good player, Low KD - Bad player".

Too many see it as that black and white but it is simply not always the case.
Message 28 of 148 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Trokey66 Of course it’s not blsck and white, that’s why I wrote the “to clarify” post above as well. It looks to me like you haven’t seen it.
Message 29 of 148 (371 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@VOLBANKER_PC I did......
Message 30 of 148 (349 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help