Why is Gibraltar so op

by Jbridges1026

Original Post

Re: Why is Gibraltar so op

★★★ Pro
@Jbridges1026 Because Wraiths hitbox is smaller than and piece of corn.

Odd that 99% of posts calling for Gibby nerfs are from Wraith mains....hmmmmmmmmm
Message 21 of 31 (307 Views)

★★ Guide
@MassiveVernon I honestly believe gibby should only be allowed to pick up purple shields after the second ring, The guy is stupid bullet resistant for a fat lard
Message 22 of 31 (304 Views)

★ Pro

WOW. I'm glad you were able to put about 7/8 of that paragraph in my mouth.. I just said it ABSORBS too much damage, (MY OPINION)..  

Message 23 of 31 (303 Views)

Champion

@BigBlackCaustic  He would be fine as he is if he didnt have lifelines capacity for quick heals on top of his defensive supremacy, you basically need to be CQC against him AFTER he's used his dome and even then you need to be at an angle where he isn't looking at you, and how often does that happen?

Unless there's a considerable skill gap you're going to lose that fight in reality.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 31 (284 Views)

★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Run speed isn't the only factor in mobility. Pathfinder is a really mobile legend.
When healing up, your friend shouldn't just stand around in the open and let you snipe him. Also, the dome shield has a 40 second cooldown, so it's not like you could spam it. Your friend could've also snuck up on you and lasered you with some other weapon. Or, they could've used a lot of grenades.
There are a lot of ways you can fight a Gibraltar.
Message 25 of 31 (275 Views)

★★ Expert
@asukojo It does have regen time. Have you used Gibby?
His gun shield only protects his upper body, you can still shoot his legs. When he's crouching, he still is only covered from one angle and loses a lot of mobility. Flank him and you'll do great.
Message 26 of 31 (272 Views)

Champion

@Sir_Named  "Just flank him" what if you can't lol, then you're stuck shooting his legs, which is reduced damage on top of a 15% damage reduction which means you're basically tickling him whilst he's melting you.

Gibby is only ever a sitting duck in an open area, and there's plenty of cover on both maps. :,)

Message 27 of 31 (265 Views)

★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag Well if it is a choke, there are ways to get through him.
Caustic and Wattson can gatekeep, Caustic especially as the damage goes straight through the shield.
Bangalore's smoke can blind Gibraltar, allowing you to shoot him or move around him.
Even if it's an enclosed area, there are still ways to rush someone. Using Octane's stim and Jump Pad you might be able to rush him without suffering too much damage.
Besides, when he pops his dome shield, he can't shoot through it. You can rush him there.

Also, if the situation is just completely impossible, just leave. You don't actually have to fight him there. (Unless it's the final 2 and that is the safe zone. In which case you just lost because they had a better position.)
Message 28 of 31 (247 Views)

Champion

@Sir_Named  I can sit here and list theoretical counters all day lol,doesn't mean they'll pan out in reality, gibraltars got other teammates with abilities of their own and potential counters to your plays.

None of this changes the fact that gibraltar has considerably more pro's than he does con's, especially when you compare his pro's and con's to other legends.

I understand Respawn are trying to break the meta but turning gibraltar into the terminator wasn't tue answer. Tongue out

Message 29 of 31 (244 Views)

★★ Expert

True.

Message 30 of 31 (195 Views)