Re: Why is F1 2020 and Dirt 5 available via Steam EA play but not on origin ?

by MlecznyDuet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is F1 2020 and Dirt 5 available via Steam EA play but not on origin ?

★★★ Newbie

As per topic. Very disappointed

Message 1 of 6 (2,244 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @skyline23685 as neither game is currently available on Origin it is not possible for them to be part of EA Play on Origin.

I will pass your feedback on.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,228 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @skyline23685 as neither game is currently available on Origin it is not possible for them to be part of EA Play on Origin.

I will pass your feedback on.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (2,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wait what ?  Why are there different 'versions' of EA Play ?, I have EA Play via XBOX Subscription and I cant get the same games as via the Steam EA Play ?  Hmmm sounds a bit dodgy to me, what sort of business practice is that ?  I think I'll report this to the ACCC in Australia, Doesn't seem right, You only advertise EA Play, and no where is there anything that tells you that EA Play subscriptions can be different. I'm pretty sure that's not legal here.

Message 3 of 6 (2,182 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Coops2007 the EA Play site lists what games are available on which platform.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (2,130 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, I'm very disappointed as well. Another example of EA's terrible attitude towards PC. MS had no problem adding Bethesda games to MS Store and Gamepass right after acquisition. EA still cannot add Codemasters games to Origin/EA Play on PC. Why? Is it so hard to put 5 freaking games into online store?
Does it have any reasonable explanation?

I don't know why I still care.

We cannot even get an explanation from community managers. This company deserves all the media/fan backlash it receives, for the way it communicates with us alone.

Sorry for my meltdown but this is incomprehensible to me.

Message 5 of 6 (1,858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_DarkoWow, just wow. So I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I was unable to find F1 2021 on Origin, the EA Play app or PC Game Pass, even though it clearly stated EA Play when I saw it on Steam. I'm glad you cleared that up there, because I never realized that not only do I currently have 2 EA Play subscriptions that give me acces to a different game catalogue. In order to have acces to ALL the EA Play games, I would now need a THIRD subscription.

tldr; I have PC Game Pass (includes EA Play), a separate EA Play subscription through Origin, but apparently still need to subscribe to the Steam version of EA Play to get acces to F1 2021.

Message 6 of 6 (1,369 Views)