Why is EA so awesome?

by tonyfader

Original Post

Why is EA so awesome?

★★★ Newbie

I was just curious. They get a bad rep for some things but really the output from their studios is mostly stellar anyway.

So why is EA so awesome despite the all encompassing hate?

Message 1 of 5 (1,037 Views)

Re: Why is EA so awesome?

★★★ Guide

They took a lot of flak for the atrocity of microtransactions in Battlefront II. Instead of continuing their greedy ways they reflected on it and gave their customers what they paid for in spades. They're a solid, reliable business and their servers run *mostly* reliably even during the first COVID-19 shutdown in March and April. I personally give them props for supporting #BLM. 

Message 2 of 5 (1,026 Views)

Because they sometimes let the greed of making money overcome their morals of how they should make money.  Making money is a good thing for a company, it is how they stay in business, but it has to be a fair trade between the product sold and the money given.  Sometimes, they have forgotten this and you get microtransactions like in BF2.  I hope that they are finally seeing that this is a short term gain and not a long term success path.  They may do well for a short while, but their bad practices will drive people away, and it will hurt them in the long term if they continue producing bad games to milk their customers. 

I think Fallen Order was hopefully a bit of a wake-up call for them, in that they see they can make good money producing good games, and get good press for doing so.  CD projeck Red, I think is also making waves, in that EA can look around and see how they are handling games and how customers back them, and then see how they respond to EA's practices.

But yes, Fallen Order is a great game, and EA deserves the praise for getting it out, now if they just continue this path instead of loot box gambling, everything should work out in the long term.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5 (938 Views)

★★★ Guide

Cause they are greedy, pushing games out when it not finish and giving you very bad servers to play on, (Cause they don't care.).

Message 4 of 5 (877 Views)

★★ Pro
@tonyfader A lot of people from place like reddit, the old forums etc. were giving ea SUCH a bad rap. They did their best, and developed technology isn’t something everyone can get right. People, just give them a break. Seriously. I’d like to see you manufacture a game and bring it back from a bad beginning with a dedicated team who stuck by the game for years until they had achieved everything they believed they could within their power.
Message 5 of 5 (868 Views)