Re: Why is EA/Respawn the bad guy for loot boxes?

by HyperBeamShot

Original Post

★★ Guide
I agree they are not the bad guy for loot boxes I just hope they make more skins in the shop im not buying lootboxes because im only willing to buy what I want, not risking for stuff I dont
Message 41 of 44 (329 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@pruplsek

Intentionally abusing a system known to prey on peoples psychological weaknesses or inclinations to gambling isn't a respectable business model. Some states and countries have actually completely banned this kind of service.

Some people can afford it because they're from affluent families. If they want to have some respect as a company while still making profits they wouldn't blatantly try to exploit people.
Message 42 of 44 (310 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Loot boxes have no business being in a full priced game. Apex is free to play, and most free to play games have some kind of boxes or purchases to fund the development cost and continued upkeep. Yes. They could easily not do it since they make more than enough to do a game like this completely free, but sadly businesses don't work like that. If anything they should be praised for making Apex free to play. Moves like that should be encouraged. * like Battlefront II and Black Ops IV needs to die in the worst of ways. 

Message 43 of 44 (308 Views)

★★ Novice

"anywhere between 30-50 million GBP" lol, this is titanfall 2 recycled and that amount of money is absurd even for a new game, also i don't like gambling my self i want to buy the skin i want even if it cost 10 F#@!ing Euros.

Message 44 of 44 (303 Views)