Re: Why is DICE putting medics aside?

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Why is DICE putting medics aside?

★★★ Newbie

Let me start with how bad medic weapons are in general. Everyone knows it! Medics get outgunned by assaults and supports. We ask for a buff and the next thing they do is a TTK change causing smgs one more bullet to kill. They revert it back and still smgs are garbage. I feel like they are ignoring medics by releasing all these new guns for other classes. They aren’t focusing on better content for medic and how underpowered they are.

Message 1 of 8 (655 Views)

★★ Expert

In my opinion, Medics were never supposed to get most points from Killing people, but from healing and reviving and resupplying people. But sadly the resupplying part was vastly limited, with the decision to let each player start with a medpack. The support at least can throw every non support player an ammo pack.

Message 2 of 8 (640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s not supposed to be buffed for kill points but something to defend with. If there is a healer in the field and I need to revive them I won’t have a decent gun to clear the two or three people around them.

Message 3 of 8 (632 Views)
Highlighted

Medics have always been super OP so I'm not surprised their dominance in V has been somewhat nerfed.

SMGs are actually pretty powerful at range whether you want to admit or not - the main problem is their CQC capabilities are lacking. Buff their CQC damage and let that damage really drop off at range and you have an expertly balanced class

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 8 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]

@GeekyGeicoI am a medic player and my biggest problem with Medics is that no one does their job as a medic (healing people and/or reviving people) and instead take advantage of the infinite medpacks. Also, Support's get more gadgets than medics do even though they both play a support role. Finally, DICE took away the revives and resupplies stat tracker making you really only know how many kills you got as a medic who is supposed to heal people! I love playing a medic and really cannot play any other class but DICE needs to make medics at least able to see their revives and resupplies! I am proud of getting 25 revives (the best in our game) but now I cannot even know how many revives I get! Can DICE please fix medics even though EA pulled the plug on BFV just as a patch!

Message 5 of 8 (545 Views)

EA DICE Team
I personal would argue they are one of the best class in any close/medium range combat, the self heal does a lot to stay alive and keep pushing for any solo play.

For tema play they are the backbone of any squads that are pushing or defending a target.

/Atic
Message 6 of 8 (534 Views)

★★★ Expert
@PlurgeTrooper Would be good to get the stats back indeed. Won some good TDM matches as whole squad was crazy on revives :-)
Message 7 of 8 (530 Views)

@flyinghorse101 It is so easy just use the code for reviving and resupplies tracking which is super easy! Would be a great patch!
Message 8 of 8 (506 Views)