by G-Recons

Original Post

Re: Why is 120hz still not on console

★ Pro
Not something to ask the current dice for. They're incompetent
Message 11 of 16 (446 Views)

★ Pro
@OskooI_007 Thanks for the info and video, that makes complete sense. I will say that the 120 frames, even repeated, is really smooth when the Xbox isn't over-heating and struggling to not shut down.

On a side note, I had noticed higher frame rates on Xbox series X when I turned off the misc graphic enhancement settings, and with Patch 4.0, Dice has removed most of these enhancement options from the menu, and thus it would seem they have forced better framerates on all consoles by doing so. Also they directly stated that the removal of vehicles was to speed up performance, and of course backed the move by reverse engineering the comment to make if fit with the idea that BF with almost no vehicles is a better experience, yet at what point does it become just a generic version of COD instead...
Message 12 of 16 (422 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LlamaWithKatana I’m on PS5, not last gen at all
Message 13 of 16 (391 Views)

★ Pro
@CantGetRight
Wrong, Cold war does run at 120 on ps5
Message 14 of 16 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Dice stated before the games launch that 120 is well beyond next gens hardware capabilities .

Message 15 of 16 (334 Views)

★★★ Novice

Disagree, if my gaming laptop can run the game at a steady 120 FPS with only 4 gb of vram with an i5 2.4 ghz processor… it can definitely run it on the series x and ps5 with no problem. At the very least should be able to run it at 1080 with no frame drops , those consoles can handle it as the specs are even more powerful than my laptop  

Message 16 of 16 (243 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help