Re: Why hasn’t the Eva been nerfed

by aisthebestletter

Original Post

Why hasn’t the Eva been nerfed

★★★ Newbie

it’s literally the most op weapon I’ve ever experienced. It can hit for on average it shoots for 50. It’s fire rate let’s it shoot about 3 shoots in less than two seconds. It’s broken

Message 1 of 10 (475 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SketchedMinotaur I disagree. The eva is in a good place right now. I still remember Season 7 being mastiff legends where there are Horizons everywhere dropingg from the sky 2 tapping you with a mastiff.
Message 2 of 10 (442 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man I 100% agree with you. It is in a great place and it doesn't need a nerf.

Just because a gun is good doesn't always mean that it needs a nerf. Guns like the R-301 are consistent and the Eva is at that level now. For me, it doesn't need to be touched at all because if it was it would surely become useless.
Message 3 of 10 (435 Views)

Ummmm, because it doesn't need a nerf....

Message 4 of 10 (430 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SketchedMinotaur The Combo of Spitfire and Eva8, is braindead and OP but who cares lol
Message 5 of 10 (398 Views)

★★★ Pro
@aisthebestletter why? huge Mag of 8, Auto and each could hit for 70+. How in the heck do you consider this FINE? Everyone using it for a reason.
Message 6 of 10 (397 Views)

Champion

It still gets outperformed by the r99/volt in CQC possibly even by the the r3 depending on how comfortable you are with the weapon too.

I think the main reason the eva-8 is so heavily used now is simply because its damage output is reliable. You aint hitting those big numbers the other major shotguns are capable of but you aint running the risk of hitting 10 or less damage too....which is basically a death sentence.

I'm gonna just point out the bique is actually extremely close to the eva in terms of handling etc this season....you just trade off a bit of extra damage output for far superior range.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 10 (379 Views)

★ Expert

@rockyboy1998 100% agree, finally all shotguns are balanced now (maybe Mastiff needs a little tweak on landing shots consistency, but overall it's fine). One good thing they did was to make PK/Eva two different styles of shotguns but similar in terms of efficiency. 

@WreckingVi Only a pro could deal 70 damage every shot lol, 90% of the player base will never land perfectly every single hit. You can outplay easily an eva with an smg or PK/Mastiff, even r-301/flatline can do it.

Message 8 of 10 (350 Views)

★★ Pro
@SketchedMinotaur My 9 damage shots from the Eva would like a word
Message 9 of 10 (332 Views)

Champion
@SketchedMinotaur The dps on the eva is around 130. R99 is close to 200. The eva is more forgiving but if you hit your shots with a 99 or even a volt you will beat the eva users. The thing you hate is everyone has one. Just like the mastiff before it. Not much you can do about it. People like carrying shotguns as you can carry one stack of ammo and they are forgiving with big damage as a swap gun.
Message 10 of 10 (323 Views)