Re: Why don’t I just buy a PC! Really?

by Kreahke

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@Biochemikas as you said, since controler can't compete with mouse and kb, for about 100-120$ (depends on model) you can connect one and have advantage.

take a look https://www.adzgaming.com/product/xim-apex/
https://www.amazon.es/GameSir-AimSwitch-Adaptador-Controller-Keyboard/dp/B07HW11LYG/
Message 21 of 35 (305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@KendoUnmercy wrote:
@Biochemikasas you said, since controler can't compete with mouse and kb, for about 100-120$ (depends on model) you can connect one and have advantage.

take a look https://www.adzgaming.com/product/xim-apex/
https://www.amazon.es/GameSir-AimSwitch-Adaptador-Controller-Keyboard/dp/B07HW11LYG/

For $30 you can get a strike pack and use controller mods.  If you think the Peacekeeper is OP you haven't seen the jitter Peacekeeper.

Message 22 of 35 (301 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Unless they start shipping consoles with mouse and keyboard they shouldn't allow it in FPS games, it puts most other players at a huge disadvantage.
Message 23 of 35 (287 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
they also could update firmware to use any USB kb/mouse on consoles, eeryone happy
Message 24 of 35 (285 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@KendoUnmercy wrote:
they also could update firmware to use any USB kb/mouse on consoles, eeryone happy

Microsoft’s Xbox December update did exactly that, enabling mouse and keyboard to be used with Xbox and the Sony PlayStation has had enabled since the PlayStation 2. But, it’s up to the individual game developers to enable it in their games or not. On Xbox you can use mouse and keyboard currently on Warframe, Minecraft, and Fortnite. 

Message 25 of 35 (281 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
What's the point not allowing average kb/mouse but allowing 100$ attachment that makes it work?

not about money, its just nonsense
Message 26 of 35 (274 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Unless the console manufacturer supports a mouse and keyboard there's nothing the game developers can do about it. Your only option is to buy an adapter that allows you to do it, and they are around. Always have been. You should be asking your console manufacturer to make it native before you harp on the developers for it. Which is why people tell you to buy a PC. 

Message 27 of 35 (266 Views)

★ Guide
AFAIK those adapters aren't quite the same as a native KB+M because they emulate it via the joystick inputs, the KB inputs are probably fine because you just output max value when a buttons pressed but the mouse is a bit janky.
Message 28 of 35 (249 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Kreahke wrote:
Unless they start shipping consoles with mouse and keyboard they shouldn't allow it in FPS games, it puts most other players at a huge disadvantage.

that's still not a reason against mouse and keyboard on consoles. your just giving a reason controllers are insufficient for the task at hand 

Message 29 of 35 (244 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Grrizz, no, it's not always about skill. I described a situation on a neighbouring topic when I got killed with just one shot in apex, during carrying full purple armour and helmet. Which gives me in general about 200 hp? and the highest damage has craber.50 (as far as I know) with 125 or 135 hp damage per shot. So can you explain to me, how it is possible to kill a player in apex with just one shot? Are my calculation wrong, or its a cheating after all?

I don't really get what's the problem. If you don't like how it plays than just don't play that game on a console.
For me personally, I just understand how people play RTS on a console for example, but people somehow do.
Message 30 of 35 (228 Views)