Re: Why don’t I just buy a PC! Really?

by LtHitlis

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry dude, but complete personal opinion, there is no place for M/K on a game like Apex, I think having M/K supported games on console is a ridiculous idea when it comes to competitive multiplayer.  Fortnite when I was playing it I could tell when people were using M/K, and I couldn't keep up with their building. It would be the same on Apex Legends, Sniping is so much easier on M/K, while ADS you can move the scope around quicker then a controller.

I think if they did add M/K to consoles I would genuinely stop playing the only game I have enjoyed in 2 years. 

Message 11 of 35 (378 Views)

★ Pro

It's similar to the fallacy of "Linux can't be hacked and has no viruses", proven wrong countless times (also Android (Linux-based system) is plagued by viruses).

Message 12 of 35 (378 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@zennorian wrote:

Sorry dude, but complete personal opinion, there is no place for M/K on a game like Apex, I think having M/K supported games on console is a ridiculous idea when it comes to competitive multiplayer.  Fortnite when I was playing it I could tell when people were using M/K, and I couldn't keep up with their building. It would be the same on Apex Legends, Sniping is so much easier on M/K, while ADS you can move the scope around quicker then a controller.

I think if they did add M/K to consoles I would genuinely stop playing the only game I have enjoyed in 2 years. 

what makes it ridiculous? 

Message 13 of 35 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@LtHitlis 

The funny part to me is that all the people that scream mnk are cheaters are the same people that play on a computer monitor at a computer desk in a computer chair which anyone that knows anything it is a huge advantage to play on a monitor but that is ok to these people even though consoles were designed for living room use not desktop use

in my opinion the first time someone plugged a console into a monitor it was the beginning of the end just make mnk native and call it a day there are so many advantages people are already taking over old school console players that it really doesn’t matter at this point who cares

Message 14 of 35 (369 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@zennorian wrote:

So what your saying is M/K has no place in a game like Apex?  Video games like this are designed with M/K and then ported to console. And your saying you can’t keep up with builders on Fortnite because M/K build faster and better, again your making my point for me! You say “Sniping is so much easier on M/K.......... quicker then a controller.” 

Your saying I want to use the input device that is less accurate, less functional, and limits the players to less then the game abilities allow. That makes sense I’m sure somewhere.  But not here.

Message 15 of 35 (369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Biochemikas wrote:

It's similar to the fallacy of "Linux can't be hacked and has no viruses", proven wrong countless times (also Android (Linux-based system) is plagued by viruses).

Was Linux on console? No it was another PC operating system. So again your also helping me make my original point of why I don’t “just play on PC if i want M/K”. Thank you.

Message 16 of 35 (367 Views)

★ Pro

I never played with one and I never had a console, but I really don't see how a controller could ever compete with a mouse without aim assists. And if you give aim assists to one and not the other, then you run into balance problems. A good example of that is Destiny 2 that has cross-platform play - aim assist is way too high and average, even good PC players get completely owned by beginner console players. While on the other end, perfect aim with mouse still wins, but that's just for the top 0.001% - and that's actually another point proving that it's impossible to balance aim assist - it will never feel fair on all skill-levels.

I imagine there are enough players for 2 different queues though.

Message 17 of 35 (361 Views)

★ Pro

I didn't say consoles are running Linux, I gave it as an analogy of long-standing fallacies.

"You can't cheat on console" is a very similar saying as "Linux can't be hacked" - both proven wrong countless times.

Message 18 of 35 (359 Views)

★ Guide
I'm sure it varies based on region (I see a lot more complaints from games with Chinese regions but cant speak from experience there) but at least in the oceanic region cheaters/hackers really aren't a problem, been gaming for over 2 decades on PC now and rarely see people I could absolutely say were cheating, there are absolutely cheaters out there, theres no denying that (even on console, usually via packet editing/sniffing and/or input spoofing when hardware mods aren't available) but it happens once in a blue moon in my experience and most of the time is just false accusations, like in Apex people not realising that there are things like digital threat scopes or that headshots do a lot more damage.

Coming from Quake you see a lot of people calling speed hax etc. when its just they've never heard of strafe jumping or in Quake Champions people calling wall hacks just because they aren't familiar with the fact hit detection is now client side server authoritative. I played BF3 a lot too and got to the point where I was regularly accused of hacking, likewise when I was much younger in CS/CS:S, never hacked in my life but some people just refuse to accept there are gamers in drastically different skill brackets.
Message 19 of 35 (353 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, I would just play single player or PVE games on PC just because you can make the graphics look insanely good. I just got like the 7th best everything on my computer because if you try getting the best it's like $500 extra for something slightly better and it's just going to be outdated in a year anyways.

Message 20 of 35 (331 Views)