Re: Why don’t I just buy a PC! Really?

by Jimmahwd

Original Post

Why don’t I just buy a PC! Really?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Every time I post in a game forum that I would like the game developers to add Native mouse and keyboard support to their games in consoles (since both Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox now have the option to use them). I quickly receive many hate responses that M/K don’t belong on console and if I want to use M/K so bad they tell me I should just buy a PC. Simply look and this forum and look at the amount of Topic titles with the word “Cheat or hack” in it. There is your answer why “I don’t just buy a PC”. Let’s face it, every single major game title right now: COD4, Battlefield V, Destiny 2, PUBG, Fortnite,.........” is full of talks about cheaters in their forums. 

Everytime a new patch comes out for any of these games one problem is fixed and more cheats quickly find their way into the game. I truly believe game developers are trying to prevent them but just simply can’t keep up with the people who create these hacks and cheat codes via the easy access thru opening files on a PC. 

With that when it comes to FPS games M/K is simply a better input device to play with. Better aim, better movement, more accurate and simply more fun. 

You have reached record number of players, now I constantly read titles like “done till cheaters are banned”, “done till reporting players is an in game option”, “done till hacks are resolved.” 99% have these posts, are about PC issues. I’m almost level 100 on Xbox One X and yet to feel I’ve come up against a cheater or hack user and the game is really fun still. Only issue is the controller sucks. I could get a Xim Apex I guess and probably will soon, only reason I haven’t till this point was I truly believed Native M/K was coming to most these newer titles when they released. 

Please add M/K to console, welcome all these PC players that spend thousands of dollars on gaming rigs to join the “cheat free - hack free” gaming community. Sure we may not be running 144 FPS but I, not getting head shot thru a wall from a guy across the map with a P2020 either! 

Try it, if it fails, then disable it. Only one way to find out if it will work or not. Please!!

Message 1 of 35 (1,114 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I'm just over 40 years old.

Been gaming for over 20 years now.

About 6-7 years ago I gave up PC multiplayer and stuck to console.

Yup turned to the Dark Side.

But on the other hand, it's actually a lot more fun.

Only two reasons can be put to my demise in game.

Their skill over mine or connection.

Message 2 of 35 (1,098 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I've owned quite a few consoles going back a number of years. I honestly believe that cheating can be stopped and prevented. Having said that, the next gen consoles will be very tempting.

Message 3 of 35 (1,086 Views)

★★ Guide

how can it be non cheats on console but a lot on pc,

consoles are more or less also computers,

with connections to the great almighty internet.

why cant PC do the same as xbox and ps on theese matters to solve cheats?

Message 4 of 35 (1,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

get a xim 4, I used it destiny 1 on playstation and it worked really well

Message 5 of 35 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hackers are on PC
Message 6 of 35 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

And that's a prime example of what the "cheaters everywhere" BS does to games. Some ppl who don't have first hand experience actually believe that nonsense and are deterred from PC. Don't believe everything you read on forums. None of the games you listed actually have cheating problem, I actually haven't played a game in my 30 years of PC gaming that was overrun by cheaters (well maybe some private CS 1.5 servers, but that's about it). I'm pretty sure consoles have as many cheaters as PC (that is, you may run into one once in a blue moon), you just don't exaggerate it to the moon.

It may be easy to cheat, but it's even easier to get punished for it. Not to mention the majority of gamers are mature and don't really enjoy wins that they haven't earned.

Message 7 of 35 (995 Views)

★★★★ Pro

You cannot cheat on console.

You cannot jailbreak the hardware and still use it online. Your hardware is paired to your personal details as well so I'm sure Sony would be in touch should they find anything out of the ordinary.

Message 8 of 35 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Biochemikas wrote:

And that's a prime example of what the "cheaters everywhere" BS does to games. Some ppl who don't have first hand experience actually believe that nonsense and are deterred from PC. Don't believe everything you read on forums. None of the games you listed actually have cheating problem, I actually haven't played a game in my 30 years of PC gaming that was overrun by cheaters (well maybe some private CS 1.5 servers, but that's about it). I'm pretty sure consoles have as many cheaters as PC (that is, you may run into one once in a blue moon), you just don't exaggerate it to the moon.

Are you serious? PUBG is flooded with the foreign hackers, Battlefield V has a a ton of hacks and exploits, Apex Legends (read this forum again), Destiny 1 & 2 (from loot caves to ddos’ing in Trials, to logging out of boss fights and loading back in to glitch the fight, COD4 from aimbots to wall hacks in multiplayer, to aimbots and radar glitches in Blackout). I could go on but not going to waste my time. Can’t hack a console like a PC cause you can’t access the files like you can on on PC. Like I said, I just want better controls on console then a wonky analog thumb stick. I really hope the Xbox Two and PS5 basically release with Mouse and Keyboard as standard input devices. 

Message 9 of 35 (929 Views)

★★★★ Guide

decades of console dogma have a hold on a some of them 

Message 10 of 35 (923 Views)