Why doesnt games bought on ea have a proper tile.

by Zootofnii

Original Post

Why doesnt games bought on ea have a proper tile.

★★★★ Novice

Why doesnt games bought on ea have a proper tile instead of the rubish old shortcut.  do they realise users use windows 10 and live tiles in 2018?  Is it just me or is this a real issue for people wanting their start menus to look the part?

Message 1 of 4 (405 Views)

Re: Why doesnt games bought on ea have a proper tile.

@Zootofnii Not everyone wants what you want. I am old fashioned, so i prefer shortcuts. Some people may like what you like. But, yeah, there should be a choice and each user should choose which way they want the games to be displayed. 

Also, while gamers did upgrade their OS (by force, mostly), Windows 7 is still big in the business sector and with the casual gamers. 

You can see the recent statistics here . Over 50% of the Windows users did not upgrade yet and Windows 7 is still the dominating OS. When the businesses will move to Windows, that market share will increase. But businesses are slow in adopting a new OS, as they need to rethink most if not all their internal infrastructure.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 4 (387 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Tiles?
Like the boxes in the start menu? If so, I hate the tiles :C

Angel

Message 3 of 4 (362 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ZootofniiThanks for the feedback. I'm not sure of any plans for broader w10 tile integration, but it'd be nice for those that like the tiles.

I actually find it interesting how everyone likes to start things their own way.

Personally I never use the tiles or the shortcut, on W10 I hit the Windows Key & S, then I just type the first few letters of a program name into the search bar, and start it from there. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (358 Views)