Re: Why doesn't EA Desktop remember my username or password?

by xII_BONES_IIx

Original Post

Why doesn't EA Desktop remember my username or password?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When launching EA Desktop, under "Sign in with your EA Account", there is a "Phone or Email" and "Password" box, and a checkbox that says "Keep me signed in".   Should this keep my user and pass from the last time I signed in?  

I find myself having to type my email/password into this screen every few days.   No one else uses my PC, and I'm not logging out of anything (other than rebooting).  

Also the email and password boxes do not have a right click option, which I'm used to doing so I can paste text from my password manager.   I have found that CTRL+V still works though.

Having it remember my user/pass would be ideal.   Having it connect to my password manager (LastPass) like Edge/Chrome would be second best.   Having it at least remember my username would be third best (or suggest an email when I start typing).    Right click option would be the least helpful since there is a workaround (only slightly aggravating when I forget)

Regards,

Vince

P.S. what the heck why can't I use the letters * those two letters + "MEMBER ME" and it kept wiping it out

Message 2 of 33 (10,932 Views)

EA beta desktop app is making me sign in every time i switch on

★★ Novice

EA beta desktop app is making me sign in every time i switch on. im ticking the keep me signed in box?

Message 1 of 33 (10,909 Views)

★★ Novice
@vinceformica because this service sucks and you really shouldn't get charged for a beta app that doesn't even work decently.
Message 3 of 33 (10,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@cstnttr Well its free for me since I'm an XBOX for PC member, so why not
Message 4 of 33 (10,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@vinceformica One of letters sounds like "ARE" and the other letter sounds like "EE"
Message 5 of 33 (10,909 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@cstnttr Free? Aren't you paying for your Game Pass sub?

Message 6 of 33 (10,602 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@vinceformica Yes - same frustration here. I did report the issue using the built-in issue tracker. What puzzles me is that this issue is not mentioned in the "known issues"... so is there a way to fix this or is the ea team ignoring this?
Message 7 of 33 (10,399 Views)

@ViperousRat 

Did you tried to run Origin as administrator? 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 33 (10,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine for the longest time would not it would just crash when trying to open from the taskbar when still running in background, as of right now i post this to say it actually did log me back in for the first time ever so its a start. as far as layout and other thing with the UI there's much to be desire. not everyone has stable enough connections to have all these launchers open at once its getting stupid but i guess competition is better than none 

Message 9 of 33 (10,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. One of the biggest publishers in the world and they can't even design a proper desktop app, or fix aged issues. Bout done with EA anyways.. 

Message 10 of 33 (8,283 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help