Re: Why does this game still not have a SOLO MODE ?

by johnmiceter

Original Post

Why does this game still not have a SOLO MODE ?

★★ Guide

I dont know why the devs continue to keep a Duo mode when hardly anyone plays it, this game needs a solo mode, because 99% of the time you play with random they just do their own thing and quit the game as soon as they die anyway.

They had Solo mode once for a short time and it was very fun and always used to find games and then they switched it for Duos and Duos has been here ever since, even though its not popular.

If you got one mate to play with you can always play Trios no problem so this constant Duos makes no sense and the more I continue to play solo in Apex, the frustrated I get as you are always getting teamed on. And then if you happen to kill a couple, your team mates are nowhere near you or die and quit.

PLEASE ADD A SOLO MODE MR DEVS.

Message 1 of 16 (1,708 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@johnmiceter Then don't play solo but play with your team? Don't screw them over just because you want to be a solo warrior

They are not adding solos because it wasn't popular then either. Some people found it fun for a short while but they saw a decline in player numbers in that mode.

Also, Apex is a team game. It's a hero shooter with character having abilities where most of them focus on teamplay. In solo, you would make 80% of the legends obsolete.
There would only be Horizons, Wraiths and Octanes.
And it would get very sweaty, just like it did before as well. Because the less players you get, the sweatier it becomes. You don't need to think about others and you know you will be fighting other solos. Sure some people like it, but most people would get their fill after a short time, just like they did the first time, and it wouldn't be worth having it in
Message 2 of 16 (1,693 Views)

★ Guide
@johnmiceter Lately, if you don't have a premade triple stack party, every mode in Apex is solo! if you don't have your squadmates generate, they will DC, or break off before the drop and go weekend warrior to their deaths. It's been terrible as of late and I'm not expecting any improvements. I believe Slipknot wrote a lovely song about what those kinds of PEOPLE = to...
Message 3 of 16 (1,683 Views)

★★ Guide
@F0XYB0IARBLE so im jump master and mark a spot and my team mates jump solo and when I move to a position I always mark and team mates dont mark and run off and die and then they die and leave instantly, yep that's my fault hey.

Most of the time you are playing with 2 players that know each other, so they just do what they want together and dont worry about me.
Message 4 of 16 (1,682 Views)

★★ Guide

Btw, im a casual player and not good enough to 1v3 teams every game, thats why I would like a solo mode.

Message 5 of 16 (1,641 Views)

★ Expert
@johnmiceter because solo mode wasn't as popular as you think it was? When they added solo mode as a LTM they were testing the waters the same way they added duo mode as a LTM. Duo mode became a permanent game mode because their data showed that a lot of people enjoyed it.
Message 6 of 16 (1,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Daze623Yeah but maybe Duo mode has had its time now and Apex has changed a lot since Solo first came out, so I think its time to give Solo another go.

Message 7 of 16 (1,632 Views)

★ Expert
@johnmiceter there have been rumors about solo mode coming back again as a LTM not sure if it's true though.
Message 8 of 16 (1,627 Views)

★★ Guide
@Daze623 fingers cross that rumour is true.
Message 9 of 16 (1,604 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@johnmiceter As someone here said, every game where you don't have a premade squad is a solo game. If you wanna win you have to do 2 things: lead your teammates (this is only possible if they listen to you) or ignore them completely because they are most likely bots. When I play solo they either come with me or they're on their own. Respawn's refusal to add solos shows their desire to kill their own game.
Message 10 of 16 (1,598 Views)