Re: Why does bullets slow you down

by Extremejinks

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@E9ine_AC If you're playing someone like octane that bases himself on simply running and climbing, getting shot at literally prevents you from sliding and from properly strafing, your usual player should'nt have to learn how to bunny hop bc the game decided it was ok to just place you in mud the second you get shot. This is also a bigger issue when trying to run around buildings trying to escape, it just sentences you to death.
Message 11 of 26 (592 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RatedKilla69 You mention r6 which also isn't remotetly realistic in any way. The thing is evey game has physics realated to the world in some way even though it's fiction, bullets slowing people down is not an issue that will make the game easier when it's removed because now pros have a way better chance of escaping even when we land the first shots. tbh it's an advantage to us with less movement skill and a nerf to pros.
Message 12 of 26 (557 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RatedKilla69 Bro these things are skill based, you don't expect to jump into chess and beat a grandmaster, the mechanics for the games are set and you opinions means * cause they have 70 million people enjoying it, if you want something easier go ahead to another shooter. Honestly i'm very * at the game but the whole thing is practice makes you better all the mechanics you want tweaked will make it harder for you to get kills if it is applied to everyone because they all have a boost to land easy shots back
Message 13 of 26 (554 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC But if you fall 30 feet irl you're also gonna break your legs or die 😂😂😂
Message 14 of 26 (530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

The worst part about this mechanic is that it does work only for me :D.

I am being slowed down every time when hit by bullets. I am yet to see any enemy that is actually being slowed down when I am hitting them.

I just recently reviewed my replays - nope - not a single enemy have been slowed down when I shoot at them. Not even once.

Every enemy is jumping like crazy without losing any mometum.

Message 15 of 26 (432 Views)

★★ Pro
@Rahz_VII I reckon it's a good mechanic. It makes holding a defensive position more effective against a team trying to rush you, and makes re-positioning legends (Wraith, Octane, Path, etc) more valuable in a team comp.
Message 16 of 26 (411 Views)

★★★ Expert

Better yet, why do bullets speed you up? BANGALORE?

:P

Message 17 of 26 (386 Views)

Champion
@PsyhiX69 Gibby and caustic don't slow when hit. It is part of fortified I believe. Bangalore speeds up when shot at. Octane can stim out.
Message 18 of 26 (382 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@hayhor *lifeline crying in the corner* Frown
Message 19 of 26 (367 Views)

@maximas1986 Hey, at least they didn't make low profile cause a commensurately greater slowing effect!
Message 20 of 26 (361 Views)