Why does BFV not have team swap or auto-balance?

by UK_Taltos

Original Post

Why does BFV not have team swap or auto-balance?

★★★ Novice

Am I missing something?

So I have been playing for sometime now, but I've only just noticed that there appears to be NO way of swapping teams during games?

Why is this "basic" feature not included as a multi player game this is a must.

I am happy to swap teams if the other side is low on players and getting over run, A balance game makes for a more fun game.

Please tell me if I am wrong and there is a way of swapping sides during a match?

If there really is no way to switch team \ or swap side then you guys at EA "SUCK"

Not having the ability to swap teams is making for a very poor multiplayer game!

I guess you have taken my money and I have no comeback for such a simple / basic feature not being included?

Rg.

Taltos

Message 1 of 9 (12,178 Views)

Re: Why does BFV not have team swap or auto-balance?

@UK_Taltos

At the moment there is really no option to switch Teams during the match. 

I can't tell if that's part of the plan of EA/DICE to stop people from switching team cause your team is losing, which would make it more and more unbalanced.

If that's the case, than it's a really bad solution cause many people join on friends and get put into the enemy team because unbalanced, but they wanna play together. So you would need to rejoin and hope again.

But i guess it was just not implemented yet, or they just forgot it at all. So we'll hopefully see the option soon again.

About the Auto-balancer, the Team is aware of it that it's not working correctly. And so we'll hopefully see changes on that too. 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 9 (12,120 Views)

★★★ Novice

I understand the problem with people swapping to winning sides, but in BF3 there was way of stopping swaps to the winning team below a set ticket limit.

Players could be given a bonus to swap to losing side to help out?

I am fed up of joining a server with even teams only to start losing and having everybody "drop out"! 

I ended up playing 5 V 17 FFS how if that a "enjoyable" game, even the other team had players that wanted to swap but couldn't.

DICE and EA need to sort out a system, I get it isn't easy but you could provide a temp bonus or Incentive to players who "help out".

Please, this need to be looked at or fixed.

But thanks for the reply, at least I know that at the moment team swap can't be done, I can only hope someone from EA or DICE is reading......

Rg.

Taltos

Message 3 of 9 (12,112 Views)

@UK_Taltos

There was a good system in BF4 and BF1 as well.

Once the match reached a specific point of Tickets/Time it won't let you switch anymore. Same if it was already too unbalaced, in that case only people from the Team with more players could switch over.

EA is also reading in here. Wink

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 9 (12,105 Views)

★★ Novice

They NEED to do something about this soon. Its been a year since this game came out and I have yet to see any kind of fix for such a basic problem. Its killing servers in many games Ive played. The teams become so unbalanced numbers wise that one team gets stomped into the ground, and the players on that team get frustrated and leave. With no ability to change teams, players on the opposing team can’t change teams to help them out or balance the numbers manually. At the end of the match you end up with a half empty, or fully empty server because everyone bailed. Just adding in this simple feature of changing teams manually or some sort of auto-balancing DURING the match would be a massive quality of life upgrade for us. Its not even and issue of breaking up friends that are already playing together in squads. Half the time the team numbers are so mismatched that you could move an entire SQAUD to the other team to balance the numbers.  

For **** sake, Dice, I’ve played (and loved) your games ever since bf1942 but you guys gotta wake up on this one. We don’t want more custom skins and we don’t need new weapons and maps right now. Please please please just make the game and content you have already released fully playable so we can at least have some fun with it before the frustrations you have caused the players kills the game entirely (if its not too late.)  

Once you’ve ironed out the kinks then by all means please “build” on the game. But right now your putting the cart before the horse so to speak, and its just not working. 

Thats my rant. Thanks for listening. I hope someone at Dice is actually reading this stuff. 

Message 5 of 9 (10,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@UK_TaltosIf you're on Xbox, there's a neat workaround.

*NOTE: DO NOT TRY THIS UNTIL THE 10/1 HOTFIX, IT WILL KICK YOU FROM THE SERVER*

If you go to the scoreboard, select a player and "Join game" on them. You'll have to try this several times until you get someone with room on their squad, else you'll get a "already in game" message.

It helps a great deal with balancing matches too, if you can get your whole squad to jump over at the start of a game.

Just don't be that guy that switches teams just because you're losing (one good player can definitely tip a match). No one likes that guy.

Message 6 of 9 (9,998 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's part of why battlefield 5 is dead that and not having any type of anti cheats it seems I've seen the same blatant hackers running around for like 4 months or more before they get banned.

Message 7 of 9 (6,079 Views)

★★★ Expert

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Team-balance-easy-fix/m-p/9361386/highlight/true#M15967

For now my only comment on this.. It's a valid question though. 

Message 8 of 9 (6,036 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (5,955 Views)