Why do you break the lore of mass effect universe?

by iL0veHelen

Original Post

Why do you break the lore of mass effect universe?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Darla vas Gyperion. This character is just nonsense.
There was no embassy in the migratory fleet аnd it could not be. Especially 10 years.This was talked about and games and books. So why the hell?

And the Krogans. How could Urdnorth Rex allow such a large number of fertile women to fly to another galaxy?This is ridiculous.

We need an explanation. As an option, the processing of dialogues.

Message 1 of 29 (1,976 Views)

Re: Why do you break the lore of mass effect universe?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Darla Vas Hyperion mentioned she took this name out of respect for her god parents.  She had Quarian god parents, I dont think there is a background to that, maybe she's adopted or quarians saved her?  What has this to do with embassies?  It's a personal matter isnt it?  Timeline wise think the arks started the trip sometime around me2.  Am sure the planning stage would have taken longer, at that time Wrex would most likely be on the Normandy and a merc, not the krogan clan chief.  

Message 2 of 29 (1,954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@iL0veHelen wrote:

Darla vas Gyperion. This character is just nonsense.
There was no embassy in the migratory fleet аnd it could not be. Especially 10 years.This was talked about and games and books. So why the hell?

And the Krogans. How could Urdnorth Rex allow such a large number of fertile women to fly to another galaxy?This is ridiculous.

We need an explanation. As an option, the processing of dialogues.

Even Krogan women who have some amount of fertility- most of the eggs die. Allowing them to go allowed them to improve the fertility rate of those who went so why wouldn't he? Especially when Wrex of all krogan was aware that the reapers were coming and no one was trying to stop them.

Plus no one said they were all fertile on leaving but what they did in status allowed mutation of the genophage increasing viability. Not by a lot but better than they had.

The mutation was already mentioned in the original trilogy as well so even that was already canon.

Message 3 of 29 (1,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You do know Wrex is only the leader of one single clan right?  He isn't the God King of all Krogans lmao  Unless they were specifically from Clan Urdnot, they would not necessarily have had to listen to him.  

Message 4 of 29 (1,928 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you look at the culture and patriarchal tears of krogan, then Rex is really the only one who could have solved this, for that matter. As for the clans, if someone does not listen and does not agree, everything is always solved by weapons.

Message 5 of 29 (1,902 Views)

★ Apprentice

There can be as many explanations as possible. But the main thing that they were. In the dialogs in the code. While they are not.

Message 6 of 29 (1,899 Views)

★ Apprentice

Because she says it.
As for Rex, I agree, that's just ... Nakmor though strong, but a small clan. Without a centralized decision and Rex's coming to power, they would simply be destroyed for such a thing.

Message 7 of 29 (1,898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

With regard to Urdnot Wrex's political power, the truth of the matter is he had next to none beyond being one of the few krogan leaders actually attempting something approaching reconstruction. The female clans don't answer to him - in fact, it's the other way around. ME3 explicitly establishes that Krogan males, including clan leaders, defer to the females in political matters.

Now, you remember the Clan Nakmor ambassador in ME2? Clan Nakmor's a fairly secretive and small clan, and their ambassador is only present to petition for alliance with Clan Urdnot if Wrex leads Urdnot. Fast-forward to ME:A and visit the krogan colony. The vast majority of named krogan? Are from Clan Nakmor. The krogan colony population? About 60% female.

It doesn't break the lore.

Can't speak for the Quarian issue, though, because I haven't progressed that far through the storyline yet.

Completionism. :P

EDIT: It's also worth noting that the default, non-imported save starts for ME2/3 assume what amounts to incompetence on Shepard's part. No side quests completed, no speech checks passed, meaning it stands to reason that as far as ME:A canon is concerned, Wrex was very much dead when the Arks left for Andromeda. It fits even better, because Clan Nakmor doesn't attempt to ally with Clan Urdnot if Wreav leads it, so it stands to reason that instead of signing on with Wrex to try and rebuild (because he's dead and Wreav is an idiot), Clan Nakmor bails to start over on their own terms in Andromeda.

EDIT 2: You know how the news bulletins in the Nexus make mention of beacons to communicate with the Milky Way going unanswered? Consider the first bit of my previous edit. I'm thinking that a low EMS destroy ending is ME:A's canon, and with 600+ years passing, nobody's going to be responding. In part, because this is a setting that has viable instant very-long-range communication via quantum entanglement. If nobody's answering, and you assume that people would've known to answer, the logical conclusion is that there's nobody around to answer.

Message 8 of 29 (1,861 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If nobody's answering ...

Doesn't necessarily mean that everybody is dead. Even if Shepard won the war in ME3 and even if EA/ BioWare finally decide to make a good "Destroy" ending canon, there could be valid reasons why nobody is responding. It could e.g. be that the needed infrastructure for communication between the Milky Way and Andromeda simply wasn't rebuilt, because the destruction in ME3 was so extensive... there were simply more pressing matters right after the war. And because it was such a low priority ... it simply got forgotten after a while.

Who knows... we might get another cameo by Liara T'Soni via DLC one day? Being Asari she could still be alive after 630+ years and might remember... Standard smile

To OP:

You realise that by the time the Intiative leaves the Milky Way, Urdnot Wrex was just a mercenary aboard the Normandy?? He wasn't "God Emperor" of all the Krogan yet... that stuff only happens way later in ME3 when he unites all the clans under his rule.

And how can you know there were no human embassies with the Quarians?? The Citadel Council and Earth are entirely different entities; so while the Quarians may have been kicked out of the Citadel for creating the Geth, that does not necessarily mean that Earth was not interested in having diplomatic relations with them, separate from whatever the Citadel Council says. Thus, having a human who grew up amongst Quarians as part of a human embassy is entirely possible.

Keelah Se'lai  ;-)

Message 9 of 29 (1,784 Views)

★★ Pro

They really don't have to make anything or any ending canon at all. They could just as easy ask a couple more questions at the start of any game that requires answers as to your canon, the exact same way they asked the gender of your Shep - before the game even starts.

There hasn't been a need for those questions to be answered, yet as they have very carefully not given any specific details yet. Only that the reapers came and that the crucible was being built which was canon for all.

Message 10 of 29 (1,766 Views)