Re: Why do this mode even exist?

by Cheese9Man

Original Post

Why do this mode even exist?

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

If you're not a full squad you play a man down?
Like seriously? What's the point?
After we got our rank, 2 games where we were 1 teammate down and we still lost points on both of them?
Why even keep this game mode if you're not even gonna take care of it?
Just get rid of this mode and introduce a rotating mode instead so people can have fun if they're burnt out with BR
20220804141131_1.jpg

20220804141534_1.jpg20220804141813_1.jpg

Message 1 of 14 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Daze623 I would recommend reporting this in the bug report section of the HQ, you are supposed to have loss forgiveness. Thanks!
Message 2 of 14 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I’m gonna get flak for this again but arenas is a failed attempt by Respawn to get some of that Valorant hype when it came out. They even double downed on it with a rank mode. It’s a flawed mode since the legends are designed for BR like Ash who doesn’t have a passive ability in arenas because there are no death boxes.

In my opinion, let pubs arenas stay for those who love the style of the mode but replace ranked arenas with another mode like Control. Why do we even have to remove rank? Because Respawn doesn’t want to separate the playerbase as much as possible. This was their reasoning why we don’t have a permanent LTM and why the previous LTMs were takeovers and not a separate mode. 

They haven’t released any numbers on how many really play this mode but I'm certain that’s it’s way lower now. Just look at the diminishing complaints about it in here, reddit and twitter. People tried it and stopped playing after getting frustrated.

Respawn really did their best to push this mode to the community when they implemented arena flash events and arenas exclusive weekly/daily challenges. I suggest reusing the arena maps for other LTMs. To be honest, I’m not interested in BR LTMs anymore. 

Message 3 of 14 (352 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man Just know that I disagree strongly. (I already stated why when you first posted this) best wishes and happy gaming!
Message 4 of 14 (333 Views)

★ Expert

@Daze623 You really tried to play Ranked arenas? That's really brave of you lol.

Message 5 of 14 (306 Views)

★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt My friend likes to play ranked mode
He even played ranked after he got to level 10 and we've been in a world of pain ever since LOL
Message 6 of 14 (296 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Daze623 When someone in your team quits. The game lets the remaining players in your team quit without penalty. As soon as someone disconnects from my team I'm quitting as well in the rare ocassions I played ranked arenas.
It always baffled me that when this happened to the enemy team, they usually stayed and fought a hopeless battle against us in a 2v3 situation. I guess not many people know that you can quit freely once someone disconnects.
Message 7 of 14 (279 Views)

★ Expert
@Tad844 I know you can quit after someone leaves. We were just messing around ratting with 2 shotguns and trying to jumpscare people that wanders too close to us. The only thing frustrating is how poorly managed arena ranked mode is and how if this mode didn't exist we might have a much better and more fun gamemode there instead. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there are some crucial bugs in this mode that aren't cleaned out yet considering how unpopular this mode is and how few people play it to find bugs and issues that is notable.
Message 8 of 14 (257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Daze623I tried griding ranked Arenas two seasons ago, and never tried again. I hitted Diamond and it was ridiculous matchmaking, literaly I was having teammates that where either unranked, or silver or gold and playing against masters/preds 3 stacks. And somehow if I won I would get like "+15 points" only, so I decided to stop there and never look back.

Edit: Worst part was if I somehow got a nice teammate, and I wanted to play again with him, I wasn't able because he was more than 2 ranks below me, just ridiculous. 

Message 9 of 14 (242 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man You are absolutely correct.
Message 10 of 14 (238 Views)