Original Post

Why do the spawn icons still move?

★ Apprentice

The whole vehicle spawn mechanic is just crap:

• No queue

• No timer to let you know how long the next one will take to spawn

• No indication of how many vehicles spawn for that map/mode

• Spawn circles move once round starts

• You can accidentally move to a squad member instead of moving over to the vehicle

• Some modes don’t spawn planes immediately

• Spawn can be broken and spawn you in the death animation where you last died

• Spawn can be selected, but then says not available and you have to deselect, then fight with someone else clicking on and off until someone actually gets the vehicle

• Can’t customise vehicles in a lobby unless there’s one available to spawn

Message 1 of 4 (439 Views)

Re: Why do the spawn icons still move?

Community Manager

Appreciate the feedback on vehicle spawning. I've been in situations myself where you have to spam the button when competing with others also waiting for a vehicle (this goes back to BF2 where you had to be the first to click on it and hit the button to spawn). 

Do you feel this is more UI related the team should consider or proposing a new vehicle spawning mechanic?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry:I think the UI is broken, in Battlefield 4 it felt better I was also clicking for the vehicles sometimes but you never felt left out if you where to late and you also had the option to pick another spawn vehicle if you didn't get what you choice to spawn in. Also the information given in Battlefield 4 felt better because you knew what you could spawn and when because of the fixed vehicle types. Now it's a guesing game, because you don't even see how many vehicles are available for the map and also there is no waiting timer for a vehicle so you don't know if there will be a vehicle available later to spawn in. The game needs a better UI because this feels poorly designed...

Message 3 of 4 (340 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Vehicle spawning is not the the best in BFV. We do not have time to choose a vehicle without it being taken by someone.

We should just restore the BF1 system that worked perfectly.

Message 4 of 4 (302 Views)