Why do people hate blaster mains in hero modes?

by AnakinVader34

Original Post

Re: Why do people hate blaster mains in hero modes?

★★ Guide

@ToddyRocket1  You’re 100% right! Given the nature of Star Wars people want to play with the characters they relate to or feel at the moment. 

the problem with all the imbalance is that the game penalizes you for this. Rather than balancing all characters to be fairly evenly matched against everyone else you have extreme highs and lows in overall capability so if one side stacks with OP characters you either have to do the same or get spanked. 

Message 31 of 83 (739 Views)

★★ Guide

@AnakinVader34 There are hit issues with passionate strike. These issues are similar to Phasmas staff strikes. At times they’re precise but other times they fail to register. The AOE for the recognition is too small when compared to the higher mobility of the gameplay that we see now. The servers simply struggle to resolve all of the conditions and movement and as a result both abilities are easily dodge-able. Annakins passionate strike does have a pretty big Telegraph but given that it bypasses block that’s fair. 

The real elephant in the room IMO are the blaster users dodge hit detection nullification issue which makes saber strike hit detection problematic. 

for similar server reasons mentioned above the fact that blaster characters won’t detect a saber hit until momentarily after a dodge use means that it’s not only possible but easy to use dodge in such a way as to keep your character from taking a majority of strikes. The hit detection doesn’t follow the characters visual render. 

this is just my opinion but I think it’s valid and there are some other veterans who have game tested who can contribute here ... but .... IMO the game had too many arguments and conditions for the server to resolve with any regular accuracy and this contributes to a lot of the mechanics we see in game. Poor ability & hit detection, movement inaccuracies, input lag, etc. 

Message 32 of 83 (739 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@AnakinVader34Then tell me why me and my opponents can dodge it so easily in a normal game at least. Am I hallucinating or...?

What @VetteC5RX said about it summarizes it quite well. Note that the registration and input stack problem isn't exclusive to the passionate strike either, just ask the rocket troopers who get killed over a second after taking off etc.

Message 33 of 83 (721 Views)

★★ Guide

@TRlALON truth. Input stacking in this game is garbage! I don’t know why they implemented that. It would have been much better if the input code couldn’t execute that it be ignored and the player could try again at a more proper time ... but now “properly timed” executions are clumsy because of the stack and the server state. 

Message 34 of 83 (717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@VetteC5RXImagine, even Mario Kart does this better lol. A simple thing, a cooldown period where you're immune against any further item/ability stuns and stuff would be something to begin with.

Message 35 of 83 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@TRlALONWell tbh, sorry for slow reply, but particularly the final part tracks me loads. I do often have 3 bars though Wink always makes tracking worse when that happens imo.
Could you comment?

Message 36 of 83 (672 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@AnakinVader34Well, with a not-so great connection, nothing will be in your favour. Any lag or tracking issue will hit you harder then.

My internet connection really isn't the best either and I have to endure a lot of depressing stuff because of it.

Message 37 of 83 (656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@TRlALONHopefully battlefront 3 doesn't have poor online so we don't have to deal with that

Message 38 of 83 (637 Views)

★★ Guide

@AnakinVader34 our biggest issue with any future BF title will be having it built in Frostbite.

the servers are always going to struggle with a title like BF written in this way and especially with so many conditions like BF 2 has.

Message 39 of 83 (629 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@VetteC5RX But battlefront 3 might be built in UE5 (Unreal Engine 5).

And whats wrong with frostbite?
Message 40 of 83 (621 Views)