Why do i perform better on one legend than other?

by TrancyGoose

Original Post

Why do i perform better on one legend than other?

★★ Guide

When I joined Apex, I loved Octane. His Charisma, speed, and generally the dynamics and playstyle. 

But I noticed, once I moved up and even to Ranked, I perform significantly better on a Caustic, I get more kills, wins. I love both characters but for some reason on Caustic, i am a lot more effective. 

Do you ever get this? 

Ultimately, it's about aiming down your sights and shooting, and it's not like caustic gas kills you fast, but i still perform better. 

Do you feel you perform better on one legend than the other? Even the one you like a lot.

Message 1 of 11 (441 Views)

Re: Why do i perform better on one legend than other?

Yea for sure! At least for me

Last 2 seasons I mained Loba. I really liked to take the highground with the short-cooldown teleport, but there was just not enough teamplay to actually win.

Now I've switched to Horizon and I perform way better. I can help my team with getting high ground, and completely change the course of a battle with the ult.

Some legends just fit my playstyle and some really don't.

(for example, I am terrible with Crypto and Rampart)

Message 2 of 11 (438 Views)

★★ Guide
@DYSPROssium Same, with caustic, if team cooperates and we stay indoors, we get breathing time, to reload re-heal, canisters are a deterrent! :D Good caustic with Horizon combo is deadly AF :D
Message 3 of 11 (428 Views)

Yea man for sure! Caustic has become really strong (also in the winter Express mode)

Disengaging from a fight (and heal up) is just as important as to know when to push.

Also the horizon ult together with caustic ult is devastating! ...all these new testsubjects...

Message 4 of 11 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TrancyGooseOh yeah definitely. For me, I perform best with Bang, Caustic Wattson or Wraith. I'm absolutely horrible with Horizon, Loba, Path.

bloodhound I get mixed results with.

I think a big part of it has to do with the legends abilities. Path and Horizon are all about mobility and movement. If you've built up skills around movement you'll be good with legends like them.

Caustic is some what forgiving in the sense that you can create areas for your squad to fall back to and reset a fight you're teams losing. Popping off a battery in the gas gathering yourself.. I do similar stuff with Bangs smoke and ult. I also use both Caustic and Bangs ability to split up enemy teams so I can pick them off one by one. Their core abilities are really about causing panic and chaos amongst enemy teams.

Octane is a fun legend but he just does not bring much to the team aside from pushing into a fight and even then it's minimally beneficial to the team. He is great at strafing and 1vs1 fights, that's about it. The other legends all have abilities that can really help the team out and stack. Example would be Gibi+Caustic+Horizon.

The horizon tactical can help your team get high ground. Her ult can pin enemies under Gibi and Caustic ult. Caustics traps can give you team a defensive advantage if it's needed. Gibi can help with quick revives and healing with the dome. They all stack well together. The abilities on their own are already good but combined they become insanely OP

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 11 (408 Views)

Hero
@TrancyGoose Feel lucky i suck with both the fatty guys. haha

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 11 (395 Views)

★★ Pro

It's because Caustic does not rely on his guns and is a completely broken legend.  :P

Message 7 of 11 (392 Views)

Champion
@TrancyGoose Abilities. You likely compliment your team better.
Message 8 of 11 (371 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TrancyGoose Depends but I’m good with several legends and use them on several occasions in specific situations.
Message 9 of 11 (363 Views)

@TrancyGoose I know why I am only good at one legend, cause at this stage automatically expecting pathfinder to enter the void dosn't really work out so well for me. Neither does dragging path straight into a wall with his grapple. Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 10 of 11 (358 Views)