Why do I have to join a new server every time a round ends in battlefield 2042?

by Joblessundies

Original Post

Re: Why do I have to join a new server every time a round ends in battlefield 20

★★★★★ Apprentice

I worry that there is a "skill based matchmaking system" behind it. But I can't prove that.

Message 21 of 30 (393 Views)

Re: Why do I have to join a new server every time a round ends in battlefield 20

★★★ Guide

Lazy kids these days who don't have the time, patience and/or intelligence to use a standard browser.

Message 22 of 30 (385 Views)

★ Apprentice

The game is starting to lose players in my region because it is hard to find a game for other modes like breakthrough, mind upvoting this post on Reddit so DICE see it? I’m rather tired of getting empty lobbies for the official portal modes and breakthrough. If they added bots, the server would gradually fill up since people are playing and not waiting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldPortal/comments/re07vv/adding_bots_to_official_matchmaking_in_po...

Message 23 of 30 (364 Views)

Champion
@JOGAGATYA Agreed, that is one of the biggest annoyances never knowing which map you will get, never being able to play through the map rotation.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 30 (357 Views)

I have to say that this one implementation alone is pretty high up there on making this so much less of a battlefield experience. 

Sure have match making if people don’t want to use a server browser, but for the love of god Battlefield was always about 2rounds per map with a bit of a team shuffle, and continuous map rotation.

It boggles the mind what they thought they were doing. It’s actually really quite insulting to be honest.

Message 25 of 30 (330 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Michaelp800 wrote:

I worry that there is a "skill based matchmaking system" behind it. But I can't prove that.

Something like that. They trialed it for a short period in Battlefield 5 and it was widely hated by the players. Naturally Dice Sweden thought they knew better and went ahead with it anyway for 2042.

Message 26 of 30 (318 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@xXGugusseXx Tried it since I posted, and you are correct. Played Manifest 3 times in a row yesterday!
Message 27 of 30 (295 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Michaelp800 I don't think this is the case as I have seen players just starting out playing and i am ranked 50 in my squad. Seems to be based on region from what i am getting in the chat in the game while waiting for players to join.
Message 28 of 30 (278 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Because they were stupid and decided to not have persistent servers that a community could form around.

Message 29 of 30 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

"Why do I have to join a new server every time a round ends"

To increase the chances you will forget the last boring maps you played - and you're about to play again and again and...

Message 30 of 30 (267 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help