Re: Why did you add a stupid flinch mechanic?

by ThatFawkzi

Original Post

Why did you add a stupid flinch mechanic?

★★ Guide

My instant reaction when getting shot at by a person that I can not see is to slide in to cover and, find out where they are and fight back. That's how I have played from the start...until season 1 that is where I can no longer do that as when I get shot at my character flinches. I can't sprint, I can't slide, I can do nothing but turn and face my death. You've lowered survival time exp and made it harder to survive in general. You've gone and turned this in to a "who see's who first wins" CoD type of crapfest.

I'm literally loosing all interest based purely on this flinch BS.

Message 1 of 10 (2,373 Views)

★★★ Guide

Heavy bullets have a slow affect, which is why you can't slide into cover.

Message 2 of 10 (2,340 Views)

★★ Guide

It's not just heavy weaponsthough, it's anything I'm shot with. R-99, Devotion, Eva-8. Everything stops my movements dead.

Message 3 of 10 (2,326 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I never played battle royale games. Just didn't care for them. It's a pissing contest of camping, which I had my fill with in Call of Duty for years on end. I miss my explosive crossbow bolt. My anti camp weapon. So many tears were had. Anyway. I like the team aspect of Apex, I also liked the movement. You had to put someone down and weigh the risk of chasing them to finish them before they heal. If bullets now slow you down that's out the window. No need to chase them. Pretty pointless change really. That explains why I thought my keyboards shift key was broke. Was wondering why my sprint suddenly wouldn't work. 

Message 4 of 10 (2,325 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm fairly certain that already happened before the update.

Message 5 of 10 (2,307 Views)

★★ Guide

@ViralBane wrote:

I never played battle royale games. Just didn't care for them. It's a pissing contest of camping, which I had my fill with in Call of Duty for years on end. I miss my explosive crossbow bolt. My anti camp weapon. So many tears were had. Anyway. I like the team aspect of Apex, I also liked the movement. You had to put someone down and weigh the risk of chasing them to finish them before they heal. If bullets now slow you down that's out the window. No need to chase them. Pretty pointless change really. That explains why I thought my keyboards shift key was broke. Was wondering why my sprint suddenly wouldn't work. 

I thought it was just me at first too. Thought that maybe my left stick on my controller (PS4) was broken so I did some testing. If I found myself on my own I'd just start running and sliding near enemies to see what would happen when they shot me and sure as hell my movement stop dead, no way to escape a hail of bullets like I could before season 1. Played with my friend today and he was experiencing the same change. It's an utterly unwarrented change.

I can understand to a certain point them thinking "Hey, if we add maor flinch then the small hitboxed characters will have to slow down when they are hit" but that's not the right move at all, it just ruins the experience and makes it so you don't stand a fighting chance if you get seen by some dude from behind.

Message 6 of 10 (2,306 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

1 month ago it is way to hard to kill people make it easier or everyone will leave

now I die to easy make it harder for people to kill me this is proof the internet is just a bunch of cry babies that think people care what they have to say 

ps no one wants to hear you cry 

Message 7 of 10 (2,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

1 month ago it is way to hard to kill people make it easier or everyone will leave

now I die to easy make it harder for people to kill me this is proof the internet is just a bunch of cry babies that think people care what they have to say 

ps no one wants to hear you cry 

I never complained about TTK in Apex. I complained about the hitboxes, that was the one thing I absoloutely hated (and still do because Wraith's hitbox is still stupid) I enjoyed the fact that a fight wasn't automatically decided the moment you got shot/shot somebody in the back but now it might as well be thrown in the trash with Call of Duty.

I stuck up for Apex alot, I reccomended it to countless people, I sunk hours upon hours in to it to get myself up to level 100+ (150 to be precise) an I had a whole lot of fun with the game. They've taken my playstyle and made it useless. No longer can I get shot, slide in to cover, find who shot me and fight back. I might as well just throw the controller down the moment a bullet hits my character because it has becom a "Who see's who first wins" and that's what I hate about practically every other FPS out there.

Apex WAS different but now it's no better. My interest in it has drained soley because of this flinching BS.

Message 8 of 10 (2,252 Views)

★ Guide

Stop crying about people crying.

Message 9 of 10 (2,158 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is such a stupid mechanic, if it wasn't for Octane and Bangthedoor, I would not be playing this game.

Message 10 of 10 (2,130 Views)