Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why come back to Anthem?

by Baadger

Original Post

Why come back to Anthem?

★★★ Novice

It's failed me 2 times now. The Alpha and the Beta. The only thing that they have done good for me is to give me a refund for the game. My intent was to try again later when the dust settled. With all of the issues I'm hearing about, the bad PR and the game company shooting them self in the foot, I'm not sure Anthem is worth a second look. Frown

Message 1 of 11 (520 Views)

Re: Why come back to Anthem?

★★ Guide

If you dont think it's worth a look, it's not.  No one can, or should, convince you one way or another.  Read some posts here if you want to know the state of the game, or at least how bad things are for some people.  I mean, if you want to play the game, play it.  if you dont want to play it, dont play it.  You dont need strangers to make decisions for you, or even help you make them,  or validate the ones you have already made...at least you probably shouldn't need strangers for that.

Message 2 of 11 (485 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I like it, sure atm there isnt a huge amount of content but theyre adding more. im not one for complaining about everything like most people do, any game i play i will play for fun of the game, not because it may have a few flaws that are being worked on etc. at the end of the day its a great game, the combat is great and feels so smooth, havent had any issues personally and it is getting better each update (which are frequent). best thing to do is play it and see what you think, people moan about everything and dont be put off by such things because most of the time its for attention/views and honestly its a shame. Even borderlands 3 is getting bashed on and moan about and theres only been a trailer and it looks great... so id suggest personal experience over other peoples opinions  

Message 3 of 11 (472 Views)

★ Guide

@ZakJamesChester wrote:

I like it, sure atm there isnt a huge amount of content but theyre adding more. im not one for complaining about everything like most people do, any game i play i will play for fun of the game, not because it may have a few flaws that are being worked on etc. at the end of the day its a great game, the combat is great and feels so smooth, havent had any issues personally and it is getting better each update (which are frequent). best thing to do is play it and see what you think, people moan about everything and dont be put off by such things because most of the time its for attention/views and honestly its a shame. Even borderlands 3 is getting bashed on and moan about and theres only been a trailer and it looks great... so id suggest personal experience over other peoples opinions  

Yeah if you pay 80$ for 3 hours content, then its worth it. But still other games from the same genre have way more content and have not the gamebreaking bugs in it.

Yeah yeah ppl moan about everything, then tell me, why is there a bigger and increasing playerbase and no shitstorm on the division for example?

Message 4 of 11 (438 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks W2RD-1982, not looking for someone to decide for me just looking for opinions. Mostly looking for how others have been treated by the game company. They have left a bad impression regarding how they treat and think about us. With most games I would have dropped them and never considered going back but I really liked other games they have done. I assume that your tired of hearing the whining and thus your harsh response. Glad the game is working for you. Standard smile

Message 5 of 11 (381 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks ZakJamesChester, have tried the game twice (pre-release) and got out of the fort for maybe 5 or 10 minutes with 4 days of trying. Would really like to make it work but from all I read I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I was just hoping that there were others who had the same experience as me. If they tried again (post release) and how it worked for them. I'm glad that it works for you and others. 

Message 6 of 11 (362 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@ZakJamesChester wrote:

Yeah if you pay 80$ for 3 hours content, then its worth it. But still other games from the same genre have way more content and have not the gamebreaking bugs in it.

Yeah yeah ppl moan about everything, then tell me, why is there a bigger and increasing playerbase and no shitstorm on the division for example?

What game breaking bug is in anthem?

Message 7 of 11 (358 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I prefer the naysayers to just all leave, permanently. You're not doing the game any favors by constantly crying about it. EA will only see it as a headache and forcefully shut the game down and move on to a new ip. Nothing will have been fixed, and EA will go back to what it was doing.

Message 8 of 11 (355 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nice #8, Frown

At the rate there going, seems like that's going to happen anyway. Glad it's working for you. Still hoping that it will work for me.

Message 9 of 11 (348 Views)

" Why come back to Anthem?"

Why leave?

Haven't finished the game yet. Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 10 of 11 (335 Views)
Twitter Stream