Re: Why cant I set up the controller however I want?

by The_Archnoob

Original Post

Why cant I set up the controller however I want?

★★★ Novice

So I have played this game for 5 minutes in singleplayer.

The first thing I jumped to was to set up my controllers. However for some reason the developer has locked the mouse movement to only yaw left and right and pitch up and down.

I want to be able to roll by moving my mouse the either left and right, because for me this is both more efficient and feels more natural.

I dont understand why this option is locked? Shouldnt I be able to choose to have my controller however I want? If I want to disable my left click so my fighter doesnt shoot, this should be an option even though I wont go far in the game.

Please fix this or I will refund this game. The game feels terrific, but I wont play it unless I get the option to set my controllers 100%.

Message 1 of 5 (526 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok the issue is fixed, I refunded the game. Please let me know if you fix the game so a person can set up the controllers however they want, thank you.

Message 2 of 5 (515 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’ve completely remapped my controller, I’m not sure that I understand your issue?

Message 3 of 5 (463 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was playing with mouse and keyboard because I am on PC, maybe I shouldnt have written controllers.

The issue with this game on PC is if you are playing with mouse and keyboard, that you cant change the settings for the mouse.

The developer has locked down yaw to the  left and right movemen of the mouse.

This is completely backwards for me. Sure have it preset to that, but make the player able to change it however they like.

Since I couldnt change this, I refunded the game.

I dont understand a developer who spends millions and millions on cool commercials but cant make the time and effort to set up a proper controller scheme for mouse and keyboard.

Message 4 of 5 (433 Views)

★★★ Novice

THIS THIS THIS THIS! I have been looking for answers for this for days. Its literally the difference between playable and unplayable. But of course when I post to reddit I get downvoted into oblivion by people who tell me to just use a controller. as if my complaining for a better control scheme would somehow hurt them. I want to play on mouse and keyboard. I want my keyboard controls the way I want as everyone else gets to set up their controls the way they want.

Message 5 of 5 (385 Views)