Re: Why can't you just add Solo

by Stinkfinger1345

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@Payne-TK wrote:

@MekaDeth555 wrote:

So many people asking for a leaver penalty and so many people against solo.

My conclusion: these people suck at the game and want someone to carry them.

Or maybe they don't want this game to destroy it's identity by implementing solo. You may think it's harmless but in today's world all games get 99% of their advertising on twitch. And with solo mode all twitch streamers will only play solo making a bad advertisment for people who would be normally interested in the game.

In solo mode twitch streamers would be advertising a game without most of it's best features:

-no game changing ping system

-no respawn beacons

-no knockdown shields
-useless abilities like mirrage's downed passive and lifeline's respawn shield
-all voice acting from pinging and interracting wih other teammates in a cool accent gone
-no team play

-no class synergy

Yeah nah, I'm not buying it, just more excuses.

99% of advertising from twitch? Where did you pull those statistics from? The twitch views to gamer population percentage is far less than 99%.

Fortnite has solo mode, streamers still play on teams. Fortnite is copying the main features like pinging and rezzing, so Apex won't be that special little snowflake anymore, just another BR game but with less content and no solo mode.

The majority of players do not work as a team, the minority that do stomp the game. So the majority get fed up and find something else to play. Forced teamwork is just one of the many reasons so many people jumped ship from Overwatch to Fortnite.

This game will lose players fast if they don't add a solo mode. 

Message 21 of 30 (459 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You really think overwatch needs a major focus on solo play that is crazy talk 

Message 22 of 30 (439 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not on board with the "solo" train.

I, for one, am hoping for the party size to increase. like 4-6 in a squad would be nice.

Message 23 of 30 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The haters can leave then. Buh bye Felicia! Nobody wants solo’s except a few annoying squeakers on these forums. Nobody on reddit asking for this. Solo’s are not being added. Get over it or play something else. 

Message 24 of 30 (404 Views)

★ Novice
It'd sure be nice for some solo action.
Message 25 of 30 (401 Views)

★★ Guide

I want solo/duo.

A lot of other people want it too,it's just tiring to have an discussion with people against it.

"Bu..But... Teamplay!!":

Message 26 of 30 (399 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Kimsey02 wrote:

I want solo/duo.

A lot of other people want it too,it's just tiring to have an discussion with people against it.

"Bu..But... Teamplay!!":

let me put it this way.

im one of those that really feels Apex is ment to be for teamplay, and all within it and thats 

how Apex is ment to be played.

still, i really don´t mind an solo option for those who wants to play this teamplay game solo.

as mentioned in another thread about this. hell, if i getting to upset with randoms would maybe even make 

me to play solo sometime to.

and the fact, most of the time getting theese solo-rambo-dudes in your squad just mess everything up.

not that they often sees themselves as gods gift to life, the bail on you, leaving you to 2-man all other full squads.

therefor a solomode is better than have them in my team, cause how i see it. they provide nothing good.

so i hope for a solo mode even if i dont think its how Apex is ment to be played Wink

edit: im sorry about grammar spelling and everything, my english is pretty bad. peace.

Message 27 of 30 (391 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm not going to lie, i dont see this game as a solo game either (i'm mainly here for duo's :P)

But i'm fed up with that one random rushing in and dying instantly / not knowing when to fall back, so i'd think this game would benefit from a solo queue.

Those who want to play as teams can do so.

Even if they implement only solo and not duo i'd be happy, now i'm atleast getting teammate that WANTS to play as a team Standard smile

Message 28 of 30 (383 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Kimsey02 

What is tiring is having the same people start up a new thread everyday asking for solo when they have said they are not working on solo this is a team based game so yes the argument against solo is that the game  was made for team play which obviously it was because all they have is 3 man squad but don’t worry you or one of the other guys in this thread will just start a new one 

Message 29 of 30 (370 Views)

★ Novice

This game is set in the Titanfall universe. Making solos and duos is as simple as pilots vs pilots. Give every pilot a grapple gun and call the mode "Last Pilot Standing" or "Every Pilot for Himself". 

They could even make a trailer with a little background story. A sadistic alien overlord captures 80 pilots, forces them to fight to the death for his own sick and twisted entertainment. It can be done, and it can be done well. 

And I don't care if people don't want solo. Don't want it? Don't play it if it's offered. Nobody will force you to play it. I haven't played this game in two weeks. I'm an old guy, 46 years old. I have limited game time. The people I game with have limited game time as well, and our schedules seldom match up.  I'm good at the game. I've been PC gaming since the original Quake and Unreal Tournament. My skills are honed. In apex, I'm a multiple wins per day player. Sadly, I'm usually the only one who survives the drop; and the majority of my wins have been "solo" wins anyway.  I'm tired of being expected to carry the randoms I'm paired with. I'm tired of being yelled at, called racial and homophobic slurs because I won't go back into a hornets nest to retrieve the banners of two squad-mates who hit the ground late and tried punching to death players who already had guns. 

Nobody is asking people who like squads to stop playing squads. I'm just asking them to add a mode for people like me....and there are lots of people like me. I won't buy a season pass until solos are offered. Once they offer it, sign me up for a year. This is the best BR game yet. 

Message 30 of 30 (352 Views)