Re: Why can't we play Kings Canyon?

by Vladplaya

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why can't we play Kings Canyon?

★★ Apprentice

I don't play this game much anymore for various reasons so I'm not caught up on anything season 4. I was hoping the original map would make a return as I don't like this new one all that much. Oh well...is there any mention of a possible return in the future?

Message 1 of 5 (668 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Expert

Kings Canyon will be back halfway through season 4,  playable from March 25th to May 5th

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (651 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert

Kings Canyon will be back halfway through season 4,  playable from March 25th to May 5th

Message 2 of 5 (652 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Cool but why can't they keep it longer than that? Do people really like this new map better than Kings Canyon?

Message 3 of 5 (606 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Kevin-Ate-Nine I'm not sure anyone can speak authoritatively to that. For my part I much prefer Worlds Edge. I know a lot of the players who were around at the start prefer Kings Canyon (I started playing right at the end of S2, so I don't have the nostalgia pool others might.)

If we are going to speculate though, I think the introduction of new maps is a way for the devs to keep the game lore/story progressing. I don't think it really boils down much to whether people like it or not, more so that they've got the track laid out and aren't deviating from it.
Message 4 of 5 (564 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am pretty sure overwhelming majority of the players will take Canyon over current map in a heart beat. Also I think most people would just want normal map rotation of both maps.

Also as far as I am aware, nobody from Respawn ever gave a single reason why they don't let people play on both maps. (Correct me if I am wrong, and provide a source please).

Message 5 of 5 (556 Views)