Why can't we derank?

by DAYUMshecanFART

Original Post

Why can't we derank?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm trash tier. I'm belong in high silver and below gold. I managed to get to gold and I'm getting DESTROYED. I haven't gained a single point in almost 20 matches to give you an idea of how bad I am. I'm aware that this gets rid of smurfs, but is this really the way to prevent them? As much as I'd love to flatter myself, I am not gold material.

Message 1 of 15 (7,392 Views)

Re: Why can't we derank?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I can't speak for the devs on the reasoning for preventing deranking, but they've said they'll listen to feedback for the ranked system going forward.

As for your play, unranked is an option of course, and I suspect that Gold will get easier in time, as more players work their way through Silver.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 15 (7,377 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Why not use the time you are dead to watch the successful players in your rank and replicate what they do? If you are already good at making it to top 5 you can easily rank up, if not figure out what you're doing wrong.

Message 3 of 15 (7,363 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@kittypokit wrote:

watch the successful players in your rank and replicate what they do

The thing is, for me this would primarily mean developing aim and reflexes I simply don't have. 100+ levels in I still haven't quite figured out how to do that. :eawondering

Message 4 of 15 (7,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Agreed- was a little to easy to rank up. Should lose nearly 40% as many points in every rank so people are in the proper rankings and then its a real challenge. Changes for that should also be rolled out asap (imo ofc) cause people are going to rush to plat and try to sit there- but soon realize it's a mixed bag

Message 5 of 15 (7,341 Views)

★★ Pro

I don’t know about this but match cost RP right? i mean if you want to derank you can just go to the hotzone everytime and don’t pick up any gun, that way you’ll lose RP, and derank eventually, but i don’t recommend this especially if you on solo queue. 

Message 6 of 15 (7,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@bosourd Hey, you can only derank within the main tiers. So you can go from Gold I to Gold II, but you can't drop from Gold to Silver

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 15 (7,326 Views)

★★ Pro

This implementation of ranked is just a beginning. They will tweak and I’m sure derank protection will be removed soon. 

Message 8 of 15 (7,301 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DAYUMshecanFART wrote:

I'm aware that this gets rid of smurfs, but is this really the way to prevent them?

Why would it prevent smurfs?

From my point of view, it creates even more smurfs, as most high rank accounts will probably create a new smurf account in order to destroy some noobs again and to play with other low account friends.

Are am I looking wrong at this?

Message 9 of 15 (7,291 Views)

★★★ Expert

@7cyanide wrote:

Agreed- was a little to easy to rank up. Should lose nearly 40% as many points in every rank so people are in the proper rankings and then its a real challenge. Changes for that should also be rolled out asap (imo ofc) cause people are going to rush to plat and try to sit there- but soon realize it's a mixed bag

After watching Shroud being unable to rank up from Platinum I to Diamond IV last night, I don't think that would be a good idea.

He played with WiKe and Dez (both Diamond) and spend several hours tryharding, yet stagnating. And that guy is "above average" compared to e-sports pro's.

Message 10 of 15 (7,281 Views)