Why can't customers talk to the Terms of Service team?

by Griffguy03

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Why can't customers talk to the Terms of Service team?

★★★★ Apprentice

After an account ban four months ago, I have been desperately trying to contact the Terms of Service team. At first, I made cases, as I was led to believe this was the best way to contact them. However, it was a rather robotic response, and it was as if they did not read what I had stated in the case description. Then I reached out through live chat, by making another case with another issue, (as you cannot contact an advisor through phone or live chat if your account is banned or suspended). In the live chat, I discovered that all the advisor could do, was make a case themselves on your behalf, not actually solving the issue. Then you come to EA answers, where we are told multiple times that customers cannot contact the Terms of Service team here, and reply with the same copy + paste response which leads you to creating a case, which will be ignored in the long run. 

My suggestion to counter this, and generally improve the EA customer support, is to allow Terms of Service team members to engage in Live Chat and on the phone with customers. It would be a much more organic response, and the customer will be able to assure themselves with the fact that they are certain another human is helping them on their case. All of the EA advisors I've engaged with have been so polite and as helpful as they can, it's a shame it's the heavily flawed system they work in is just simply discrediting them, and making the information they give you useless. Is it possible that I receive a reply to this stating why they can't, or that you consider this as an option for the future. P.S - For the sake of my sanity, please do not respond with instructions directing me to the 'Create a Case' screen.

Many thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 4 (8,086 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why can't customers talk to the Terms of Service team?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @Griffguy03.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (8,064 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @Griffguy03.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (8,065 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Darko, 

Thanks for replying, but your reply has just highlighted the exact issue I am talking about. Creating a case for the Terms of Service team is useless. Please improve it, for your own sake, EA games are very fun to play, and a lot of people do get upset when they are told they cannot play them anymore, especially when it's for no reason. This is your chance to take this feedback, and listen to the community as a community manager. The customer service is what lets EA down. Surely you can see the issues when the same question is being asked every day?

All the best and thanks for reading.

Message 3 of 4 (8,052 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @Griffguy03 but if our TOS team denies your appeal then there is nothing else that we or anyone else can do to change this

I'm locking this thread as AHQ is not the place to discuss TOS related issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (8,048 Views)