Why can't I hear randoms?

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Why can't I hear randoms?

★ Expert

I've set all my settings back to default so I can use my headset and mic again (after a few months of blissful silence) but I still can't hear people. My mic works fine. If I am in a AL party the little indicator pops up saying my mic is working, but otherwise, nothing. It works if I am an XBox party too but no one can hear me when I am in a party of one.

Occassionally I can hear randoms at the start of the game, but they vanish after three or four seconds. I know they could be muting themselves but it's always the same ... a few seconds then silence.

Sound seems really screwed with this game. A couple of times I have heard brief snatches of game audio while on the main menu screen.

So, why can't I hear randoms anymore when I am solo queueing and not in a party?

Message 1 of 17 (1,242 Views)

Re: Why can't I hear randoms?

Champion

@EdwardDLuffy have you tested another headset out dude?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 17 (1,237 Views)

★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag If I start a party and make noise the little circle lights up. Also if I am in an AL party the 'audio' indicator next to my GT lights up, so it's not the headset.
Message 3 of 17 (1,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@EdwardDLuffyso your teammates are in the chat party with you?
if not then of course they will not hear you and you will not hear them.
once you create a party then sound including voice chat will be prioritized to chat party.
you need to either go to settings and prioritize in-game sound or just leave the party or let your team join your chat party

and if you are not in a party then maybe they are in their own party so the result is same 

Message 4 of 17 (1,226 Views)

Champion

OK cool....have you actually tested this in a xbox party with somebody else, or was that a solo test? If it was I'd try again with a player I the party.

If you've got normal set of earphones in the house try using them for a game next time you party up in game.  That will 100% rule out hardware issues and its just your settings or the game if neither suggestions work.

Message 5 of 17 (1,222 Views)

★ Expert
@maximas1986 This is the thing ... when I started playing Apex Legends I could hear other players even if they were not in an AL party or XBox party with me. That's how I made my first XBox fwend - I played with him at random in one game and we could communicate even though we were not in a party together, so then we partied up.
Message 6 of 17 (1,219 Views)

★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag I think we are talking about different issues.

Before I set my comms to 'friends only' I could hear and talk to players I was not in a party with, as long as we were in the same squad. Now I have set it back, I can't.
Message 7 of 17 (1,218 Views)

Champion

@EdwardDLuffy  Right ok, I'm with you now thanks for the clarification.

Then that is indeed kinda weird....let me have  coffee and wake up then I'll go have a nosey through the settings and test it out myself.

@Zeelmaekers  Have you seen anything similar to this issue mentioned my dude? I know you help a lot of people with troubleshooting.

Message 8 of 17 (1,215 Views)

★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag Cool, and thanks.

I've been Googling and a lot of people seem to have this issue. It happens mainly when you change your settings but something somewhere doesn't actually change.

I was doubting myself but I definitely used to be able to communicate with randoms. I was once playing with two random kids who knew each other and they were talking about me. One said "I hope he can't hear us" so I put on my best Revenant voice and said "Yes I can hear you" and they sh*t themselves.
Message 9 of 17 (1,211 Views)

Champion

@EdwardDLuffy  Hahaha brilliant.

Hmmm....I'll have a search around now then and see if I can find a solution. Will get back to you if I find something.....I'll drop you a club invite if I find something to test it out.

Message 10 of 17 (1,208 Views)