Why can't I add to cart on Origin?

by kristiluchi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why can't I add to cart on Origin?

★★★ Newbie

Super frustrating. I'm a loyal customer who has spent more money than I'd like to admit on a game and I can't even put things into a shopping cart. Was this 'Buy Now' button some time-wasting idiots idea of streamlined? It's ridiculous. I feel like EA doesn't give a crap they just want your money. Just like Fallout 76.

Message 1 of 8 (2,666 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why can't I add to cart on Origin?

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @kristiluchi.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,634 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @kristiluchi.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (2,635 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko I mean, IS there someone rather high up on the Org chart who just hates shopping carts?
Message 3 of 8 (2,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EA, you must understand that being special is not always a good thing. Wink

[Removed by CM]

Message 4 of 8 (2,397 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SwiftBlizz when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (2,382 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I'm sorry I was containing my frustration with sarcasm.
You must understand that I was forced to make multiple consecutive purchase loops (entering all my credentials, logging in, verifying etc.) in order to buy the games I wanted. That doesn't sound like a normal POS does it? Do you walk though checkout in Walmart multiple times for items you know you're going to buy?
The ultimately most polite way to describe the service I received in the Origin shop would be, ridiculously clumsy.
Now this issue was raised by @kristiluchi several months ago and I was surprised.
Now there are likely lots of fans who want to see Origin be as successful a game store as EA is as a publisher. Importance on being a capable competitor to Steam.
But experiences like mine makes it hard to be convinced. I mean that was barely above EGS and Origin only has inhouse exclusives.
Message 6 of 8 (2,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2022 still no add to cart button, been an issue ive seen since at least 2016. Lots of complaints. at least in the sims 4 you USE to be able to do it in game, until they made the ea hub the in game purchase menu and now you cant. Such a simple feature that everyone has except origin/ea. Heres an idea. listen to the people that are buying these games and put the feature in already. Only been asking for it for 6 years

Message 7 of 8 (994 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Afleifel13 please do not bump older threads like this as it can be considered spam.

If a cart was something that was wanted by most then it would be something our team would have introduced, from my experience most people would rather a cart not be part of the checkout process which is why it is becoming a more common feature on many sites and platforms.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (962 Views)