Re: Why buy battle pass?

by cooperal1012

Original Post

Why buy battle pass?

★★★★ Novice

I do not understand why buy battlelpass in this game?

There is no normal matchmaking in the game, there is no solo mode in the game, there are plenty of cheaters in the game, strong lags in the game.

I decided to support the developers by buying a useless caustic, but I even regretted it.

Instead of adding really necessary functionality to the game, they add garbage cosmetics, one character and that's it. What amazes me a lot, the players are happy about this, like some silly monkey.

Message 1 of 4 (228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

[Edit - Admin.]

Message 2 of 4 (213 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don’t really think the players are happy about it. It’s blasted all over reddit and here for lack of real content. But hey nothing like 20 season rank badges as a “reward”. 

Message 3 of 4 (187 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I bought the battle pass. I had put more than 100 hours in and hadn't paid a penny so far. Because of that I felt it was fair to factor in the value of the game as a whole, not just the patches and new legend.

I know the deal was trash but it was still far better than those other dog**** offerings in the coin shop. You might say that it was my way of donating to the devs and this was the closest thing to not getting gouged. For the most part it feels like EA or Respawn are just taking advantage of their consumers lack of knowledge in return for easy money. Someone is getting paid far too much to put the same skin on multiple weapons.

And the BP point bonuses, the seasonal trackers, seasonal badges, getting your coins back... they're just padding; some pointless confetti that isn't going to help your enjoyment of the game. They are there to double or triple the time between intervals where you would be getting something cool; something that at least contributes to the games aesthetic.

I perhaps won't be so kind next time. They don't need to release a whole new game just for me to consider the next pass. But they do need more stuff than a gun and a legend. GAME STUFF! Polish, maps, modes, some semblance of quality control in the games matchmaking system. I would rather pay to remove the banner system than pay for more custom banner crap, it's just one more source of toxicity in my solo queues.

I unlocked Octane and had nothing to hide my kills with. Someone called me out for only having 18 of them. It didn't matter that I spent my time exhausting 3 other legend bonuses instead, or that they insta-locked my other first two choices, or that 10 of those 18 kills happened in one game, or that it was only 3 days ago that NOBODY had a kill on him . They left before we even got to the dropship. What can a man do but pay extra to show 'games played' just to appease some idiots?

I enjoy constantly meeting new people by solo queuing in most games, but not ****ing this one. It's surprising and tragic that the makers of Call of Duty have accepted so little responsibility for their thoughtless design choices.

I don't regret that I 'donated' so to speak. But I do regret that I bought my way into a grind among such a ****show of people. If anything the extra attention the game has had since the pass release has made my experience all the more dreadful.

Message 4 of 4 (157 Views)