Why are we punishing people with friends so harshly now?

by hayhor

Original Post

Re: Why are we punishing people with friends so harshly now?

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown You know I still can’t get over that ppl can’t retain a 1.0 K/D. Not even seasonal...

I’m no God tier player. Far from it. In Apex I might be slightly above average atm (was a lot better in beginning/until S3 where I just didn’t see the point of trying too hard anymore), but I was playing with @hayhor couple days ago and we were talking about K/D and it shocked me to hear that his K/D wasn’t over 1 when I know he can hold his own in a fight.

Alternatively he was shocked to hear that this was my first season since probs S1/2 where my seasonal K/D was below 2.0.

So I don’t really get it, well I get if you have like 10-50 kills and K/D is below 1 or near it, but after like 1K kills, I would imagine that it’s at least 1.3 or something seeing as I think it’s quite common to kill 2/3 ppl every 3-5 games on average. Yes sometimes you get multiple games with 0/1 kill back to back but so far I’ve yet to hear someone having 15+ games with no kills xD
Message 11 of 16 (220 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q It has been even worse since we last played. It used to be one or two super squads with premade. Now its 5 to 10. 1 to 2 I can live with. That team on the champion screen typically hot drops and dies.

The other thing tho- when I solo the average competition is much lower skilled (as are my teammates). I literally coached my team to wins and killed a lot of people. One dropped us on the red roof place. I killed 5 people with an alternator. A pillow shooting gun made me kill leader! That's how bad the other teams were. I hate being the lead in the game. I just want to have fun and let others plot everything out.
Message 12 of 16 (218 Views)

Champion
@pastaclown The vast majority of randoms I see cant kill or win. I'd guess the median kd is more in the .5 range on this game and median win rate is 1%.
Message 13 of 16 (215 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Me with my Lifetime 0.85 k/d. That should tell you how bad I was when I first started or at least for the first half of it. From S0-S3 my k/d was 0.55 to 0.9. Well, Apex is my first FPS game ever so...

After S4, I have k/d above 1. Currently sitting at around 1.5. But the damage is done, I cry everytime I see my Lifetime k/d or avg damage(250 something) lol
Message 14 of 16 (210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hayhorOn solo-Q for me it’s usually like 2-5 teams with preds/masters. Today it was like 5-10 xD. What do I get... a loba who hides in a corner after I downed 2, I get shot from behind and get downed, loba fires at downed guy’s knockdown shield while enemy is advancing on her and I ping it... instead of bracing for firing, she tries to climb up a building... she gets shot while climbing, fires back but it was already too late... now that I think about it... why didn’t I clip this!!! This was Oscar comedy gold material. She was lvl 198 btw...

See! Thats how good you are. Killing ppl with alternator requires serious skill!

@BaldWraithSimp, that I understand. If it’s bad from beginning it’s difficult to climb back up. I had that in one CoD. My rushing had me set at 0.8 for the longest time... managed to get to 1.13 but by that time I was at couple thousand kills so dmg was done already xD. It wasn’t even that I didn’t get kills. It was the opposite. I was usually first in kills... but also first in deaths xD. Getting like 25 kills but 30 deaths XD. Basically the enemy team had half their TDM score killing me alone xD.

Message 15 of 16 (196 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q You didn't have to say anything more than your teammate was loba to know how that was going to go. That character is now up there with the most dreaded ones for me. I cannot recall the last one I had as a teammate that used her properly.
Message 16 of 16 (186 Views)