Why are there spiders in Star Wars!!!

by ClockendAFC

Original Post

Re: Why are there spiders in Star Wars!!!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @CommanderKeeva, thanks for popping that spider-free(ish) run through together for people. Fellow arachnophobe here. 👋 I really appreciate what you're doing with that post and I'd love to mark your comment to make it more visible. Standard smileThere's lots in there that's helpful for navigating around the spiders like calling out the spawning areas and sharing how to minimise/avoid those encounters. Really great post. Thumbs up

Kudos also @Vendrean for this very thoughtful suggestion to help with managing spider encounters. 👏 

Side note: Felt like you @'d me with that Skyrim call out @jmordreddev (here)! Not cool.😛

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 21 of 40 (2,062 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Oh wow, I never expected a response from the Community Manager. Large smile I'm so honored if it helps minimize fear for people and enjoy this fantastic game. Party hat

I hope I got all of them there, but I'll double check it again tonight, make sure there are no more eight-legged surprises lurking somewhere...

Message 22 of 40 (2,039 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@CommanderKeeva  As a kid I used to go catatonic if I saw something as little as a money spider. Nowadays I'm very much still arachophobic but to a lesser extent when it comes to fictional spiders, thankfully. Nevertheless your walkthrough/tips are very much appreciated, great job!

Message 23 of 40 (1,965 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here.

I really tried to go with Kashyyk, but i couldn't even look at the monitor at some point cause spiders in this game are really disguisting, so after 4 days trying i've just stopped and uninstalled the game. Maybe one day i will go back, if modders will release some texture changing mods etc.

I am really disappointed that it wasn't taken into consideration , cause this is SW - it suppose to be player friendly, but it isn't.

Message 24 of 40 (1,947 Views)

★★★ Guide

to be fair, what do they need all those legs for anyway?

Message 25 of 40 (1,936 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wonderful guide, but the AI don't seem to fight each other on my playthrough. They just sit there, and then collectively run after me after I climb out of the pit (much to my panic). The same happened on Ordo Eris, but I was able to get through that by taking my glasses off. It's still not pleasant, but I guess they aren't quite as scary in 144p, lol. So there's that tip for anyone with glasses. Just thought it was worth pointing out. Not sure if it's a bug on my end, but it certainly makes things more difficult. On the bright side, this game did open my eyes to just how severe my arachnophobia is. Perhaps it's even time to seek professional help in overcoming it. Either way, thanks for the guide! It was very helpful indeed!

Message 26 of 40 (1,750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Darth_Mashburn

"Wonderful guide..."

There are actually several errors in that guide where he leads one to believe certain spiders have to be fought, which is not true.

Spoiler
First off, the albino boss spider can be avoided entirely just by not walking into it's pit. You can still even access the secret just by taking a back route to the ledge it's on, accessed via the jungle wall behind the lone trooper standing by a crate above the spider/trooper fight.

Second, the spiders where you first get the breather in Kashyyyk can also be avoided just by cleverly choosing where you swim to, then luring them away while you run into the cave with the access route to the breather. Also remember you have Slow as well if needed.

Third, even with the elevated plateau he refers to after leaving the Origin tree, it's pretty easy to stand to the left of it to lure them, then dash to it's right side, mantle it, and quickly run to mantle the ledge to the right, which puts you out of their reach. The spiders there are easily duped into remaining looking for you, so it's not even hard to avoid them enough to even get collectibles in that area.

The only thing you really have to face in the way of spiders is the one in the arena, and only if you don't hide from it's sight and let it get killed by the Jotaz, and the little beetle-like ones on Dathomir, which can easily be Push killed into walls or off cliffs.

I think this is mostly a case of people letting their phobia take over, which keeps them from thinking they have any non combat alternatives. I mean I could make a video guide on how to do all this, but I've already uninstalled the game for valuable NVMe space for other games.

Copied and pasted from post #4 in this thread. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Spiders-and-players-with-arachnophobia-whose-answer-is-...

Message 27 of 40 (1,700 Views)

Betreff: Why are there spiders in Star Wars!!!

★★★ Novice

Oh god.. i'm installing the game right now.. and after reading that i'm not sure if i'll ever play it. I'm also arachnophobic.. it's terrible to find games you can play, now where the animations and designs look more and more realistic. I played reconning with fear, skyrim with the "nospider bearspider" mod, nearly every other game with spiders i deccided not to play.. maybe someday the witcher with some kind of mod. 

But to explain how that trauma feels if an arachnophobic see a spider you could imagine that you see suddenly a real picture, of your murderd parents, child, sister or friend. Imagine that. You do something, suddenly there is that, out of the nowhere if you didn't prepare yourself on seeing that.. thats the same feeling with jumpscare spiders on an arachnophobic. Not just in games but also in real life, seeing a spider to close to yourself. If its far away or tiny, you can prepare yourself going on a closer distance, but if you detect it suddenly, there is the trauma. And there is like with the picture no difference within "on a screen" or in real life. But the discusting thing about, in games the spiders are more terrifying designed. They are crule disgusting big monsters which are actually attacking you! I don't want to bring closer details to my comparison with the picture, but maybe you get an idea how that fear feels, if your are facing them.

My reaction is often that i feel warm and cold, i'm shaking like hell, my ears becomes deaf, hear nothing than a swoosh, sometimes i can't even see anymore, everything turns black and my heart is racing. Sometimes minutes, sometimes 1-2 hours.. not everything, that i cant see holds up to about 5-10 minutes, that i can hear up to about 30 minutes, but the other things can stay quite long. Maybe you can make another comparison to a harder car crash.

I personally search sometimes for hours to find out if there are spider or spiderlike cratures in the game. And try to watch some youtube videos to get an idea how it will be to meet them ingame. The video isn't that terrifying if you dont watch if full screen. The spider is more tiny, you can look away knowing someone else is dealing with it, who dont fear them. But didn't be prepared makes it a hell. You don't want to die, you don't want to leave your character alone and let him die on the spiders, so i personally find myself often first running away or make a few attacks, but will have that panic attack.. better idea would it be to just look away, turn the sounds down and wait until its over, but at least i can't think in that moment and make often wrong decisions which make it even worse.

sorry for that long comment, but i try to give you an idea how it is to have a phobia. My biggest repect to everyone who can face it. I can't, at least i can't without preparing myself. 

And if someone from EA reads this, even if you don't do something in the fallen order, please consider that in the next games, addons or whatever. arachnophobia is a quite popular phobia, maybe there is a solution with some other kind of creature and we are able to play that without spoilering us and we dont have to deal with the panic attacks of the phobia, snakes are also a very common phobia, but i personally dont have a problem with them.

Funny thing tho, i don't have that big problem with scorpions. i don't like em, but they didn't trigger some sort of panic, at least for me. If this is common to aranophobic people, maybe they are an alternative solution to spiders in games.

Message 28 of 40 (1,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"Origin Tree: After the long slide sequence and falling into the water, three spiders will be on an elevated plateau after climbing out of the water. Again, this encounter is not avoidable"

Well, actually i waited a bit to the first spider went away and ran straight to the right side, climbed and problem solved. Hope it helps too.

Message 29 of 40 (1,462 Views)

★ Guide
@marcant9393 Well, actually i waited a bit to the first spider went away and ran straight to the right side, climbed and problem solved.

As I explained in my last post months ago. Like I said, there's a lot of errors in that guide people keep assuming is right.
Message 30 of 40 (1,445 Views)