Re: Why are there spiders in Star Wars!!!

by Monosachezied

Original Post

★ Novice

while o do agree that they shouldn't change the whole game they could do what satisfactory did and add an arachnophobia setting that removes spiders or changes there texture

Message 31 of 40 (2,891 Views)

★ Novice

I too am someone who suffers from the same phobia, although I think this is a good game and appreciate the difficulty. Honestly, I feel like EA have shot themselves in the foot with the volume of spiders in the game. I also consider it to be a bit of a lazy approach, to me only 1 planet should have spiders if they decide to incorporate them at all.

But I feel like so many spiders spawn on this game, whether they're small or big, after stormtroopers, they're probably the most common enemy and that's whack to me. It's refreshing to play a game that's genuinely difficult to complete in this era of video games but I do believe this game is difficult to complete for the wrong reasons; not entirely because of gameplay but more because of phobia.
Plus the star wars films to my recollection never had such a high volume of spider-like creatures, the galaxies have a vast amount of creatures ranging from droids, to humans to aliens, so just spawning a bunch of different spiders knowing it's a huge world-wide phobia to make the game appear "really hard" is just lazy to me.

I'd say at out of all phobias of living creatures, fear of spiders, snakes and dogs are the most common and spiders and snakes probably top the list. (not including heights, tight spaces, lightning & thunder etc.)
I'm someone who can't stomach the scene in that Harry Potter film, and also with this game, my fear leads to me not being able to complete this game even though I rate it.

If there is a sequel to this game, I wouldn't know since I'm yet to complete it. I'd request that you just completely leave the spiders out and think up another enemy. It's star Wars, there's literally limitless opportunity for creatures.

Thank you for attending my Ted Talk! 

Message 32 of 40 (2,813 Views)

★ Novice
@CommanderKeeva Agree. I’ve been stuck on Kashyyyk because of them. I love this game I ne wanna finish it. But they scare me every single goddamn time.
Message 33 of 40 (2,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CommanderKeeva Oh my god! You have no idea how much this helped. I just started watching the Star Wars movies for the first time (I'm 30) with my nephew who is on the austism spectrum and he's really enjoying them as he has played ALL OF the LEGO Star Wars and absolutely loves them. We got through 1-4 plus Rogue One and decided to start playing Jedi Fallen Order -- I'm a huge SoulsBorne fan but I thought I was going to be too terrified to play through this because I did not like the look of the spider enemies...

... Well, I just beat the Wyyshokk Albino and a huge sigh of relief came over me. Thank you for taking the time to write this up! It meant a lot to me.
Message 34 of 40 (2,375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you get the Jotaz and Whyyyshokk to fight? They only targeted me so I had to lock on and cover my eyes while fighting

Message 35 of 40 (2,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Another that Can't enjoy completely this game because of the spiders. It's easy to add a filter or something to solve the problem, I think that others game have it, "Grounded", I believe

Message 36 of 40 (1,935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Yes this would be great currently I’m playing with the arachnophobia mod on nexus mods but I’m scared it will fail I’m testing it on datgomyr because I’m less afraid but still I hate spiders I might try to get someone to test it on kashyk 

the link to the mod https://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsjedifallenorder/mods/201?tab=posts

Message 37 of 40 (1,370 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@kingdami_royalty yes I want jfo2 to either have no spiders or 1 planet with some and make an arachnophobia mode like what if on kashyk they became huge crocodiles and on dathomyr they became a different variant of night brother idk if the emersion breaks I just want to play
Message 38 of 40 (1,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Fear of spiders may indeed be one of the most common phobias, but it's basically only about 3.5% of the population that suffer from it. I also maintain that most here that suffer from it just keep complaining it's bad game design, without even acknowledging what I've pointed out that the ones most commonly complained about in this game don't even have to be fought (as is the case for most of them). Hell, you can even gather collectibles where they are as well with some clever maneuvering.

There's also the fact that only 12 of the 40,000 species of spiders known actually can cause harm to humans. So at best this is nit pickery, and baseless insults toward the devs, to imply THEY'RE the ones being lazy. Do some research people, on both the game AND your dreaded spiders!

I find it ridiculous EA should be asked to redesign such a great game for a small percentage of that 3.5% of the population that play this game, especially when they completely ignore the non combat options that have been detailed at length. When you actually consider how many of that 3.5% actually choose to play a game like this, it's likely under 1% of the population, not nearly enough to base game design on. I'm sorry people, but being afraid of spiders does not make you gaming royalty to the extent that you can dictate how games are designed.

Message 39 of 40 (1,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My isn’t that bad but I still cannot play this game at all. The spiders make it unplayable for me. 

Message 40 of 40 (1,013 Views)