Why are the Y-wings missing their Ion Cannons?

by BTL-A4_Ace

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Why are the Y-wings missing their Ion Cannons?

★★★ Guide

I noticed in all of the promotional material released for Star Wars: Squadrons (artwork, screenshots and reveal trailer), all of the Y-wings that have their cockpit section visible are missing their ion cannons! This is disconcerting. The Y-wing is my favorite ship. I'm going to be pretty upset if it's ion cannons are not intact and functional in the game. I hope this issue is fixed immediately.

Message 1 of 4 (449 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why are the Y-wings missing their Ion Cannons?

★★★ Novice

My guess it could be a weapon upgrade via pilot progression?

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (414 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Message 2 of 4 (415 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MangyMynock wrote:

Yeah, I suspected the missing ion cannons might have to do with the type of customization that's integrated into the game. After watching the gameplay reveal, I'm certain that's what it is. Ship weapon and performance customization was discussed with a brief look given at what items players will have access to. I counted 60 different items.

Plus, we do see quite a few shots of Y-wings that have their ion cannons along with some that don't.

Message 3 of 4 (364 Views)

★★★ Novice

True. Well we have about five month's to find out if EA actually listens to the players on these forums. I am curios if there will be any cross hare aiming on the hud?

Message 4 of 4 (361 Views)