Why are so many people having a problem with the police?

by MechanicalSlime

Original Post

Why are so many people having a problem with the police?

★ Apprentice

Like I'm not here to put anyone down.

But what is with so many people saying the police are OP?
I've recently finished the game (all story and rep 50) and even from the very start the police where never that bad.

Like yeah very rarely for me they will rubber band but 99% of the time I can just outrun them in a straight line, other than a stock starter car, then you just have to get creative with the turns you take for the most part.

Are people just getting into high heat with low level cars and saying that the game is bad because of their poor choice or what?

Message 1 of 37 (1,013 Views)

Re: Why are so many people having a problem with the police?

★★ Apprentice

I've been arrested on heat one with a broken car due to how overpowered is the damage on those. Also, heat 2 with a 204 level car is also impossible to escape on a reasonable manner, unless police just freak out somewhere and you lose them on that oportunity.

Message 2 of 37 (988 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The only problem i have is with the NPC traffic they seem to be more at night time crashing into them every 30 seconds, go to bed poeple let us street racers have some fun.

Message 3 of 37 (938 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Rednth I hate that too...streets are deserted for the most part during the day, but racing at night, is traffic everywhere, going both ways....
Message 4 of 37 (933 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I spent more time attempting to outrun/hide from the cops, than with the measly few rep points i was going to earn. i had a modded i8, used up all my gas station trips, and couldn't get away. not in a straight line, not by ramming their cars, blocking them into buildings, turning back and forth down various streets, etc. There was no escape- with heat rising. it was ridiculous.

you can play one mission at a time before having to return to redeem your rep. it's not worth staying out for several.

Message 5 of 37 (909 Views)

★ Guide

The problem is that people don't fully comprehend the game mechanic. It seems most (still early in, but so far) are unaware that the Rep level actually matters quite a bit.

If you're at or around level 30, or struggling with cops, it's because YOUR CAR IS SLOW. Not a problem with the cops, but rather your own stupid mistake to take on much faster cars than yourself and hope to get away. 

Get your level up, get your car better engine components, and as long as you can pull at least 170-180 m/h on a stretch of road, you should have no problem what-so-ever.

Message 6 of 37 (891 Views)

★ Guide

THANK YOU! The cops are totally fine (except for the damage you take when crashing them?!).

I guess people just try to get to heat 5 with a starter car and cry about being arrested.

I also never had a problem, not even with heat 5 after getting my car on level 300+.

Mostly first time NFS players and people who can't drive who complain.

Message 7 of 37 (877 Views)

★ Guide

Even then, the cops don't do much damage. 

I have a maxed Ford GT with a 10 rating on every category, fastest car, I'm nearly certain :D . I've collided head on with Rhino trucks coming at me (me going >230m/h vs Rhino coming >200m/h at me) and with a Lvl2 Damage Reduction, you only lose half your health. 

Any issues with the regular cop cruisers dealing too much damage is merely a case of your car being poop. Get your Rep level up, otherwise your car will remain poop.

Message 8 of 37 (873 Views)

★ Apprentice
@JORDIRX8 honestly I'm not too sure about that, with the starter Mustang with how it comes I never had any issue with it being like level 130-140 getting away from heat 2 and then being more strategic at heat 3 but nothing more.

The only time you take "overpowered" damage is when you allow them to catch upto you at a high rate of speed and you allow them to ram you because the smaller hits do next to nothing to you and doing it back to them does next to nothing as well, only the real big hits count as damage for the most part.
Message 9 of 37 (865 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MechanicalSlime wrote:
@JORDIRX8honestly I'm not too sure about that, with the starter Mustang with how it comes I never had any issue with it being like level 130-140 getting away from heat 2 and then being more strategic at heat 3 but nothing more.

The only time you take "overpowered" damage is when you allow them to catch upto you at a high rate of speed and you allow them to ram you because the smaller hits do next to nothing to you and doing it back to them does next to nothing as well, only the real big hits count as damage for the most part.

Oh, you mean when i am going the fastest my car can go in a straight road and the cops are 1400+ yards away and they catch up in 2 seconds and no matter what i do, they perfectly match speeds with me and this is a new game, i deleted my saves to try a different car, but the same problem arises.....the cop cars are too fast and deal too much damage, i am guessing you cheated to get where you got, because the cops are too STRONG, they need nerfing, so please, stop making stuff up.

Message 10 of 37 (678 Views)