Re: Why are so many people having a problem with the police?

by Darmine-US-

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

"Why are so many people having a problem with the police?"

Because its hard and sometimes, without a ramp or cheap trick, near impossible to escape.

My first "Busted" was with my starter Mustang on Heat Lv1 or 2 and was expected. Meanwhile im sitting in a Mercedes AMG GT 15, Rep 34, elite radar jammer and fully upgraded to that level, car rating 368 and i can barely escape on a straight line by pure speed on heat lv1 or 2. Heat Lv 3 is my point in ending the night, escaping cops here is pure luck with ramps and going offroad.

It doesn´t matter how fast you are on the straight, there is always 1 cop "glued" at your rear.

That is my expierience with cops so far.

But i would prefer a cop Diff-Setting rather than a cop nerf overall.

Message 31 of 37 (462 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ColAvalanche311 Thanks for the guide link and constructive post instead of the usual "get better" reply. It helps when people reply with their experiences and attempts to help.
Message 32 of 37 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I seriously think the main problem is with lower level cars. I am in no way a "hardcore" gamer and I'm still able to do about 1.5 million rep each run consistently in my 400+ Ford GT. I could even push for over and way beyond 2 million but don't really see the point as there is no reward. My main "rotation" of night races leaves me at around 1.5 and that's what I bank. Between rep levels 1 and 50 I have been busted exactly once.

I completely agree that the police AI uses unfair things like rubberbanding and instagib damage, but they get significantly easier once you get a proper 400+ supercar.

Considering the police AI uses unfair tactics, I have no problem using a hole in their logic: The police don't do box ins, brake checks, roadblocks or spike strips during races for obvious difficulty balancing reasons. So the trick is to keep doing long distance sprint races, and trying to avoid getting into chases outside of races.

Circuit races just condense all the cops into a small area and eventually you will start lapping them, resulting in you getting swarmed as soon as the race is over. On the other hand, if you keep up maximum speed (300+ km/h) during a long sprint race you will see how you start to finish those races outside of a chase more often than in a chase. When you cross the finish line you should do a immediate 180 and take the first side street you see, drive for maybe half a block and stop. This is because the game loves to cheese players by unfairly spawning additional cops near race finishes, most often to the road where you finished, driving towards you. So taking a side street to the opposite direction of where you finished usually avoids these additional units. If you are outside the city just drive offroad and away from the highway immediately.

Once you see where the cops are on the map drive to the next race avoiding them and avoiding a chase as much as possible. When you get into a chase outside a race they have their full bag of tricks at their disposal.

The idea is to use your own unfair tactics against the cops to balance their overwhelming power against you. I personally think that in this regard the game has succeeded exceptionally well, as long as you know what to do.

Oh, and never do any race that pays you less than 20k rep. It is not worth your time. I personally think even sub 30k is pushing it in terms of worth the effort.

Message 33 of 37 (422 Views)

★ Guide

@IGRVKS wrote:

The police don't do box ins, brake checks, roadblocks or spike strips during races. So the trick is to keep doing long distance sprint races, and trying to avoid getting into chases outside of races.

This is not true, they have roadblocks in races, I saw one within the last hour and watched the other AI racers shoot straight for it haha. But the whole problem is definitely a low level car thing, as you said. Once everyone figures the game out and properly gears to go into the night, they'll be looking back and laughing at themselves. The sheer amount of whiners though... oof

Message 34 of 37 (406 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@ColAvalanche311 Ah, I must be driving so fast I completely miss them :D
Message 35 of 37 (402 Views)

★ Guide
@IGRVKS Yesssss! This! It's the exact strategy I worked out too. The game isn't broken, but I'm convinced people are going out there in sub 200 lvl cars and actively looking for a chase and then when they get into one, they are trying to wreck the cops. But the trick is to avoid the chases and if you do get into one outside of a race, ditch and run, as far away as you can.
Message 36 of 37 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Disagree the cops are OP and over the top. I was pinned twice and busted (They rammed me into a building) then I was chased again and made the cop go into the drink and the busted meter was going even after ditching him in the water. They catch up like they have Bugatti horse power and ram you to no end. Unfortunately the cops being to overwhelming, especially at low level... I have opted for a refund.Hopefully they fix this I will gladly come back because the rest of the game plays is great.

Message 37 of 37 (385 Views)