Re: Why are so many people having a problem with the police?

by HowlingBeast

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@JORDIRX8My car right now 250++ and i got busted on heat level 2 with 5 cops kicking my * all over the place you call that fun ????? they need to do something with the cops or this game is an other Anthem.

Message 21 of 37 (579 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm gonna agree with OP here, I've had very little trouble with the cops in general, I was doing 3 star high heat races at around 250 power level cars. I just finished a 5 star high heat run in my 360 power Hurican, 880,000 reputation.

All the cops I get involved with I either outrun instantly by keeping a clean line through traffic, and by keeping up my speed, and the rest I end up outrunning later, or avoiding them by driving around the same two blocks 3 times, as NPC's in this game cant seem to zigzag very well

Message 22 of 37 (563 Views)

★ Guide

I wouldn't say the cops are OP they are just aggressive like back in Most Wanted 05 and Rivals it's a mix of both games. 

Like Mercer said: Street racing has no place on public roads. Mark my words, if you're out there, we will find you.

And if you think that you can get away by just hitting gas, then yo're in for suprise. Because, we're coming after you hard and we're coming after you fast.

Trust me: there is no escape.

I don't want it to be easy like in NFS 2015 and Payback were the cops chasing you 5 yards and stop it. Then people will say: "The cops are to easy this game is bad 'cause of this"

thats for sure!

So grind some races, earn reputation, upgrade your car, to rank up your level and unlock new cars. And and find your own way how to heat up.Use your personal perks.

You have to find your prefer tactic to escape. Drive around, use the ramps, go offroad to get some headroom, drive around some corners, use your active and passive perks.

And you'll notice it gets easy step by step. The Rhinos works one way only, they are simple.

The way Heat pursuit works is "every escape should feel like be rewarding something you would say "Yes I got it awesome" getting caught is part of the game.

Thats my opinion and how I did it so far and made it without problems.

I also would say they could add another Heat level for foreign/experts racer with a pop-up message "you ready for Heat level 6 by pressing a button to agree or disagree"

Message 23 of 37 (538 Views)

★★★ Novice

You guys can keep pretending that they’re not overly aggressive and completely and totally unfair all you want, but the fact of the matter is they are overly aggressive, they are unfair, Crown Victorias should not be keeping up with anything in this game in the way that they do, neither should anything else except the corvette, and it should only barely keep up.

You don’t speak for the actual majority, you need to stop acting like you do, and you need to understand, that unless ghost nerfs the cops, as the other guy said, this game will be another anthem.

Message 24 of 37 (527 Views)

★ Guide

@jhall181 And you can pretend that you‘re good at driving and still can‘t outrun the cops. But reality is you must be really bad at driving. And maybe the majority wants cops to be nerfed and that is because most hardcore NFS players are not here anymore and casual players like you try to ruin a good NFS cops comeback.

Message 25 of 37 (517 Views)

★★★ Novice

@HowlingBeast wrote:

@jhall181 And you can pretend that you‘re good at driving and still can‘t outrun the cops. But reality is you must be really bad at driving. And maybe the majority wants cops to be nerfed and that is because most hardcore NFS players are not here anymore and casual players like you try to ruin a good NFS cops comeback.

Need for speed is and has always been an arcade racer, arcade racers are supposed to be fun first and foremost, not challenging, except on the hardest difficulty.

If anything ruined the series, it was you selfish, so-called “hard core” douche bags.

Message 26 of 37 (503 Views)

★ Guide

So you're upset that they put out a game and it doesn't match your snail playing style? You want to be spoon fed money, xp and cars?

The challenge is what gives the game replay value. If it were any easier, you would legitimately be able to hit 100% game completion within a day. I quite enjoy throwing my controller at a wall when it takes me forever to beat certain challenges, and makes it that much more rewarding when I finally beat them. 

Honestly, if you're looking to have it easy, set the difficulty to easy and keep racing the 120-160 races, you can pretty much walk. Might be what you're looking for.

Message 27 of 37 (489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried this on easy and was doing 170+ down a straight road with a heat level of 2. A cop passes me like I'm standing still and slams on his brakes. I'm all for a challenge, but when it seems as though the deck is stacked against you, it's just not fun.

For those of you not having problems with cops, what platform are you using? Maybe it's a platform issue? Im on a ps4. Also, what are you doing to evade? The straight line high speed doesnt work. I just experienced that myself. 

Message 28 of 37 (480 Views)

★ Guide
@Szantarious I'm on PC, playing with Xbox360 controller.
I've been able to get away from cops at Heat levels up to 3, as long as you can go above 170-180 mph. Driving in a straight line works for me, as I am able to outrun them.

However, even if I use a slower car, I'm able to lose the cops by turning corners (where they lose visibility of you) and you can use the momentum to your advantage to keep making time on the cops when they lose visibility. When you get a chance, drive off into a field, or alley, or anywhere hidden and just hang out/turn your car off.

For example, if you follow my guide (https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Quick-Guide-and-Boosting-Tips-to-Max-Level-Spoilers/td-...), and you're at the Speedway - you can run the loop and use the ramp when you have a decent enough space between you and the cops to get out of the ring, get through the alley and into the field.

There are a lot of ways to evade them, it's just a matter of being able to lose them for small moments, where you can take advantage of the situation and get away. Maybe it's skill, but seems too easy for that.
Message 29 of 37 (472 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I keep hearing, it gets better whn you are higher level..this is the whole problem, low level people need to not be hit so hard

Message 30 of 37 (524 Views)