Why are people playing like this?

by Burnie_00

Original Post

Why are people playing like this?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I mainly play pubs but lately the games have just been horrible, especially on KC. People are playing like it's the ALGS with 100K on the line or something. Everywhere theres three people holding hands with snipers/ARs, not looking to take a fight just sitting on height griefing others trying to make a play. 

Seriously, who plays like this in a pub? Im guessing it's people who suck at the game and can't win a proper fight so they just ruin the game for everyone else. Really they are just fooling themselves because they will never get any better playing this way...

Message 1 of 10 (1,119 Views)

Re: Why are people playing like this?

★★ Guide

Not everyone plays the same way. I play a lot of Apex with randoms and some people play so strangely. I think some just aren't good at shooters and cant run in kamikazeand attack.

I played with one guy and he jumped solo. Me and my other team mate died and we were spectating our other team mate and he is sitting in a tree 800m away and no thought in the world to come to revive us.

Btw, if you do want to play attacking and your on my team, don't just run off without pinging and die and then get angry on the mic because I wasnt with you and rage quit, lmao.

Message 2 of 10 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Burnie_00 Some people enjoy sniping. That doesn't make them bad. Even if some do lack skill, this game is not about becoming a pro for every one.

Anything is viable, as long as it doesn't break the written rules or exploit bugs.
Message 3 of 10 (1,057 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So do you suggest we just remove snipers from the game? Those weapons are there to support that kind of playstyle. If people want to hang back and play reactively rather than proactively, who's to say that's wrong? I definitely agree that it can be annoying, but if you watch some high-level gameplay (Rogue, ImperialHal etc.), then you can see how they adjust to that style of play. In pred rank gameplay there isn't as much rushing at teams and close quarter fights for that reason. People are always watching their backs for third parties and what not. A lot of the times it's better to position in a good spot and cut off teams that come to you. Or maybe just hold a spot so people can't easily position around you to make plays. "Cover your back and choose the fights in front of you carefully" I guess. It's just something you've got to adapt to in my opinion.

My two cents anyway.

Message 4 of 10 (1,024 Views)

★ Guide

Sniper require more skill than the close combat ok?

in Apex more players prefer close combat. I don't see the sniper in every games. I found this post quite ridiculous of complaint something normal in game.

Message 5 of 10 (1,020 Views)

★★ Pro
@LaTencyBuLLyMe Sniping requires more skill? What are you on? ROFL
Message 6 of 10 (1,007 Views)

@Burnie_00 I snipe quite a bit, it's a legit strategy to win matches. Grab the high POI and grief anyone who tries to challenge you.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 10 (1,002 Views)

Champion
@LaTencyBuLLyMe Sniping teams engaged in a close fight does not take more skill. That's just looking for cheap kills. It is a viable thing to do and if you have high ground why not.
But sniping does not take more skill than close combat. Close combat players that are good at strafing will kill a sniper easily. Mid range is really where this games skilled players seperate tho. They kill you when you think they cant even see you.
Message 8 of 10 (935 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Downing a player from 250+m does take quite a bit of skill especially if they're running. Yes CQ does take skill but with the Mastiff as long as you can aim in the general direction of your opponent you're most likely going to hit your shots & win. I do think sniping takes more skill when you think about it.
Message 9 of 10 (815 Views)

★ Guide
Message 10 of 10 (787 Views)