Re: Why are Apex packs such trash!?

by ColdHours

Original Post

Why are Apex packs such trash!?

★★★★ Pro

This game is the bane of my existence when it comes to RNG. I can say this with confidence and as a person that actually spent legit money on this game. I probably spent around $300 as I am ashamed to say, but no more! Every skin I ever liked I had to shell money out for. $18 dollars a skin. I spent money on packs as well and all those were garbage. Every free pack I have gotten is garbage. This game literally gives me nothing good and is a joke. The 2 free packs I have received from Iron Crown event garbage! The first one was paradigm shift which is okay but I already own 4 other legendary skins for the r99 so it was a waste. The second one I opened it gave me GIBRALTER! REALLY! I absolutely hate that character! I had to buy all 3 skins I wanted. Lifeline/Wraith/Wattson. The free level 50 pack I opened gave me my 4th Pathfinder banner. A BANNER! Something needs to be fixed with this! I can't stand this games loot system. It's absolutely abysmal!!!!

Message 1 of 8 (1,049 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've been more lucky than you with free packs then... just got the 'Judge Jury Executioner' Lifeline skin! Large smile

Message 2 of 8 (1,042 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I am fuming so much about this! If I hadn't spent so much money on the game I would delete this crap. Now I feel obligated to play because of how much good money on spent on this flaming dumpster fire.

Message 3 of 8 (1,035 Views)

★★★★ Guide

LOL that's a nice one, forced to play because you paid for it... must be something that Publishers know when releasing Free-to-play games

Message 4 of 8 (1,033 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Its not a hard concept if you aren't smug about it. I can see why you don't understand seeing as you get good drops and spend no money. Had you actually invested in the game with hundreds of dollars you might see it differently. I would rather of paid $60-$85 for this game and not as a free to play. That way the loot wouldn't be so sparse and locked behind obnoxious paywalls. On most games I pay the $70 and the pass and call it a day so in all maybe $120 with passes and all included. On this game I spent a couple hundred dollars on cosmetics nothing more because there is no content in this game besides cosmetics. No character customizations no other maps or levels no actually campaign mode NOTHING but cosmetics. I had never invested in a game as much and have gotten so little back. I fell into the hype and just wanted my character and weapons to look nice when I'm dumping mindless hours in a game where all you do is run around loot shoot and die. Im not asking for a lot or anything crazy. I just want to get decent drops to offset a little all the money I spend for them. It should at least give you an option or something at some point to choose something you actually want or make the drop rates much more pleasing.

Message 5 of 8 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Fr3dY2 I'm not jealous...

I SAID I'M NOT JEALOUS OKAY SO STOP ASKING!!

ok I'm jealous Frown
Message 6 of 8 (1,017 Views)

★★★ Expert

So...  you agreed for random rewards in packs, but think something needs to be done to prevent for from getting stuff you didn't want?

Maybe they could hire professor Dumbledore or Santaclaus to make a magical algorithm that knows what to put in your packs.

Message 7 of 8 (995 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Where did I say I agreed to random packs? Im pretty sure I stated against that by making it an actual game instead of free to play. That way you don't have to pay for Apex packs with * RNG. The cosmetics would unlock through gameplay. That way you wouldn't need to believe in fictional characters as you do to guess horrible pack openings.

Message 8 of 8 (984 Views)