Re: Why am I not getting any better

by asukojo

Original Post

Why am I not getting any better

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I don’t understand why I’m not getting any better at Apex legends. I play 4 to 6 hours every single day. I’ve been playing since the game first came out. I have watched so many videos and I’m doing exactly what they say as far as finding cover When you’re fighting somebody, only peeking out of the cover to shoot and then ducking back in. And every single game I only get about two or three kills. My sensitivity is perfect for me. Which is really Low. I’ve watched videos on how to adjust your settings and sensitivity and how to determine which sensitivity is best for you .I do the training and firing range every day for about 15 minutes before I play to make sure that my shots are on point. And I’m warmed up. I have been playing first person shooters for about 20 years now. When I play call of duty or battlefield I dominate. But when I play Apex legends I get Destroyed. I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong. It seems like aiming in Apex legends is different than any other game and I don’t know how to set it so it feels like battlefield. 
I have not adjusted my sensitivity in probably six months. I have watched my playback of me fighting and if my sensitivity is any higher than I’m over shooting the enemies and if I lower it I am under shooting so I know my sensitivity is right on. I just don’t understand how I am this bad at this game. Especially for the amount of time I’ve put into it.

I play on xbox

my response curve is classic

my sensitivity is 3

ads is same

deadzone is small

help

Message 1 of 50 (5,265 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @drewblueeye333.

To make sure you get the best help possible, I moved your post from Pogo to Apex Legends. 

You may be interested in the Looking for Squad section to help find people to work together with. Good luck, Legend!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 50 (5,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@drewblueeye333  So to clarify before i go and type a war and peace style essay, the issue is you're losing gun fights because the aiming feels wrong to you

Are you hitting the targets but not getting the kills? Or just outright not landing enough shots? 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 50 (5,202 Views)

★★★ Guide

Need to see some of your gameplay videos OP. Very difficult to say what you are doing wrong without anything to base it on.

Message 4 of 50 (5,195 Views)

@drewblueeye333 Add me as a friend, I’m on xbox I’ll go into the firing range with you and my high rank friends. We would be more than happy help you and work with you.

I’ll even play rounds with you and try to see what you’re doing and help you build a strategy that works for your play style.

My user name is the same as my forum name. When I’m on just shoot me a PM and let me know. I’ll join you when I finish the round I’m in. I’m not the greatest but I definitely frequently post 1500+ damage games and 7+ Kills.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 50 (5,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@drewblueeye333with the sensitivity you have set, I doubt you'd get one over me more than twice out of 20 gun fights.

I say this because a slow sensitivity gives you a slower reaction to enemies who run around or jump/duck or even sneak up on you causing you to hit less of your shots and/or not be the first to land shots which in a fast paced game like Apex, it counts a lot who gets the first few hits.

I suggest uping your sensitivity and just learning and adapting to it for a faster reaction time and less time spent on just aiming but more so looking at your enemy and firing. That being said, a good thing to do is fire first, than aim, that way you get shots out ahead of time before minimizing the spread to one area.

I myself use to play at 3 way back when I started gaming online and worked my way up into 8-max and the results of such a simple change in sensitivity put me on top of all my friends and realities in FPS games.

Message 6 of 50 (5,191 Views)

★ Expert
@drewblueeye333 Sensitivity is subjective, but the biggest adjustment I could have made when I first started playing, was the response curve setting.

I'm on "steady", and that setting to me mimics other classic FPS games like COD.
Message 7 of 50 (5,180 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

Aiming is just 10% factor, movement (25%), strategy (10%), positioning (10%), rotation(10%), coordination & communication (10%), zoning (5%), etc (remaining%).

You should focus on the other factors to get better.

Message 8 of 50 (5,164 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@asukojo wrote:

Aiming is just 10% factor, movement (25%), strategy (10%), positioning (10%), rotation(10%), coordination & communication (10%), zoning (5%), etc (remaining%).

You should focus on the other factors to get better.

I think this is dependent on alot of variables. If it’s a close range battle where non of the participants know where the other is, it’ll be a lot different than when it’s a 3v3 sprint towards the other. 

That being said @drewblueeye333 maybe it’s just not your game. If this doesn’t happen in other FPS games, it might be that Apex is either too faced paced for you, has mechanics you’re not used too or something else. 

Kinda like how many ppl were good at the modern warfare series but sucked at the newer ones due to the jump/hover mechanics. 

I’d say just enjoy the game however you want to enjoy it. No need to be aiming for top rankings. If you can’t seem to get better after this much time, it’ll likely not get any better unless you try something drastic

Message 9 of 50 (5,135 Views)

★★★ Novice

No offense op but I’ll be very blunt. There’s a possibility you have reached your skill ceiling and can’t make the vast improvements you’re looking for.

For example, if I played basketball every day for years on end I’d still never get close to Michael Jordon’s caliber of play. I’m not trying to be a *, but not everyone is capable of getting to the “Shroud” Level of skill that some people do. 

My advice would be to try your best, utilize teamwork, and most importantly just have fun. 

Message 10 of 50 (5,104 Views)