Re: Why am I getting downed in a matter of 2 seconds, yet....

by Huntinwabits

Original Post

★ Pro

same crap happens to me, I unload bullets clips hear armor breaking. they still running I got purple armor and head gear, 2 shot im dead.  I  just land with another guy outside of buildings no guns armor anything we battle it out I hit him 3 times,  he still living  3rd time he hits me im dead??????   WTF

Message 11 of 47 (1,028 Views)

★ Pro

L2p.

Message 12 of 47 (1,021 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'd put it down to latency/lag.

I had a game or 2 last night where I was melted wearing purples. Then it seems like it can take more than a clip to drop somebody. It doesn't happen a lot to me, but can happen. On the whole though, this game does run far better than most (I'm on PS4). If I find this is happening a little to often, a reset of my router normally comes up trumps. I don't do port forwarding etc. I'm on NAT2.

You may also be getting focus fired from another team but don't notice due to all the chaos that can unfold in a fire fight.

Foot step audio is still my major bugbear at the minute.

Message 13 of 47 (1,013 Views)

★★ Guide

@Silz616 wrote:

I'd put it down to latency/lag.

I had a game or 2 last night where I was melted wearing purples. Then it seems like it can take more than a clip to drop somebody. It doesn't happen a lot to me, but can happen. On the whole though, this game does run far better than most (I'm on PS4). If I find this is happening a little to often, a reset of my router normally comes up trumps. I don't do port forwarding etc. I'm on NAT2.

You may also be getting focus fired from another team but don't notice due to all the chaos that can unfold in a fire fight.

Foot step audio is still my major bugbear at the minute.

agrees, theres somewhat creepy to hear your own footsteps breathing your neck sometimes.

Message 14 of 47 (1,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I appreciate all the input guys. But there are times I will get first shots out before a team even notices me 

and i get a lot of shots put into the enemy with no drop. With the amount of cheaters (aimbot, no recoil scripts)

it could be easily that I am encountering cheaters, which i hope is fixed asap.

Also latency could be an issue on their end (I play wired with the best comcast internet speeds)

Meaning on my screen I could be hitting, but on their end they aren't even getting hit because they are not 

exactly where I see them on my screen.

I know this game is new, and that it will get fixed over time. It just gets annoying, and i think that it's justified. 

For example, there are games where Ill have a wingman and hit nearly EVERY shot, then their are games 

where I aim right at people and i don't get a single hit marker.

Message 15 of 47 (983 Views)

★★★ Guide

Without video footage of you playing there is no way to determine if you're just bad at the game or it's a hacker.

Message 16 of 47 (973 Views)

★★ Guide

Crap happens. I've had times where I was laying down fully automatic fire and people walked right through my line of fire and apparently juuuust right to walk through the gap between two bullets.

I've had times where I would shoot a Peacekeeper at someone's chest and the damage numbers told me I did 7 damage, which is a single pellet in the leg, which is rather improbable considering where I was aiming. 

Other games got those kinds of "what you see isn't what the server sees" situations too. Like when you front flip into the ball in Rocket league and your butt just phases through the ball and everyone else just sees the ball wiggling a little bit and it keeps moving as if it didn't get touched because the server decided you didn't hit it after all.

Message 17 of 47 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I hear you on the, what seem like marshmallow bullets from the Wingman. Looks like I'm hitting shots dead bang........ but nothing.

I broke more than one controller playing Cod with all if it's truly atrocious connection issues over the (many) years. Apex is far better imo.

Lag/latency is frustrating though. It's a mixture of lag, how many people are in close proximity on the map and what is going on at the time.

Message 18 of 47 (960 Views)

★ Guide

Somehow at the end I can be one hit killed from full health and 2-3 bars of armour.

This isn't unusual in online games from my experience and the explanation is always to do with lag and packet loss - you are seeing the last hit of the chain and the chain got lost.

Dying round a corner is evidence of this, but I haven't had it here, although I do get them coming round the corner and me being dead before I can even react, again attributed to them being 'ahead' of me in lag.

Conversely I rarely come across the simple one hit kills myself.

I find it extremely difficult to get weapons kills in this due to the knockdown, even when they are down they seem to take insane amounts of damage that usually end with me dying to someone else first.

Personally I am sceptical, I have fibre and usually play with less than 50 ping in most games, sometimes even 25 and it still happens all the time.

Additionally, I don't understand the insane accuracy at distance some people have, the recoil on most guns makes them not much use at point blank range let alone 100m+, yet there you are being hit time after time by someone you can't see.

It isn't difficult to understand why there is a perception of hacking even if it isn't.

Message 19 of 47 (951 Views)

★★ Guide

Hitting around a corner is fun. Had a nice example of that just a day ago. I was on Artillery, got downed. I circled one of those boxes lying around with the dude who downed me circling it too. From my perspective, the dude still looked in a 90° angle away from me but I already got shot. Multiple times as we were circling that box.

Message 20 of 47 (947 Views)