Re: Why am I getting downed in a matter of 2 seconds, yet....

by HenxFTW

Original Post

Why am I getting downed in a matter of 2 seconds, yet....

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, so this has been really bothering me for some time, because it doesn't make any logical sense.

Now I know a lot goes into TTK within the Gear (chest and helm) but there are times where I have a

Purple Chest, and at least a Blue Helm, and I will put pretty much almost a full clips worth of ammo

(mostly between two clips accounting for missed shots) and they don't die (them having same gear color 

less) but then I get DRAINED 200 Health in a matter of a second? This isn't just me complaining, I've played 

with HUNDREDS of random players, who have complained about the same thing.

Is it a problem with hit box registering actual damage to the enemy?

Is there something that I am doing wrong? (I literally aim at upper chest/head area for most damage capable)

What is the dealio here? Because it's getting to the point where its becoming so much of an annoyance that I 

just close the game and play something else.

Message 1 of 47 (5,478 Views)

★ Guide

could be the location of where your bullets are hitting compared to where they are hitting. If you both have the same gun/gear, yet you are hitting the chest and they are hitting your head, they will do more damage.

Also, keep in mind about Lag compensation, it may play a role in the battles. 

Message 2 of 47 (5,461 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

lag compenation is a curse for good wired people :P

Message 3 of 47 (5,459 Views)

★ Guide

Agreed

Message 4 of 47 (5,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

low end spec servers, network desyc and lag compensation that favors high ping players. 

Message 5 of 47 (5,437 Views)

★ Guide
On top of the other answers it may be a case of not realising there is more than one person shooting you too.
Message 6 of 47 (5,390 Views)

★★ Apprentice

one probability is

i think you countering someone with aimbot with 100% his bullet hitting you

while normal person battling each other with white armor and lmited early loot weapon will take some time to end

Message 7 of 47 (5,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

The TTK may be insanely long in Apex compared to other games (e.g., at least 2-3x longer compared to PubG), but it's still not THAT long. Killing full purple armor still takes <1 second with tier1 weapons.

R99 with no headshots kills in ~0.9 seconds (17 hits), R301 headshots only - <0.5 seconds (unrealistic tho), 2 shots of peacekeeper - ~1 second. 1 shot kill from Kraber or mastiff - 0 second (technically; although me and mastiff don't seem to get along too well (I feel lucky if I get a kill in 4 shots)). As for tier 2 weapons, Alternator bodyshots only - ~1.5 seconds. And the crap weapons - p2020 - 3 second.

If you're not killing in under 1 second - you're missing shots. If you miss enough shots to need a reload, well that's when you get into 3+ seconds territory...

A full purple mag of purple R99 is still <2 second (and you can miss almost half your shots and still get the kill with it). If you can't kill without needing a reload with that, well time to hit the training range or just switch to an easier weapon (I just stop using R99 and just go with the ez pz R301, when I'm failing with R99 or Wingman too much).

Message 8 of 47 (5,317 Views)

★★★★ Guide

many a time I have laid full purple mags of r99 and 301 into the chest of many a enemy with no drop. with and without them wearing purple armor. then me. wearing full level 3 gear I get dropped in what looks like a short burst of fire. it alll leads me to believe there is desync and not all my shots are registering 

Message 9 of 47 (5,308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

You miss. It's that simple (I mean, you can even see the damage numbers, if you have them turned on, so there's no mystery or question whether you hit or miss). Could be due to your opponent's awesome movement (it's not a trivial task to perfectly track an erratically strafing slim opponent), could be due to your non-existent recoil control. Recoil may be low in this game, but you still have to be on point to not miss a shot. Ez pz against a target dummy, much different story against a moving target under pressure. From experience I can say that if my 1st bullet of R99 doesn't hit, I just put more than half of my mag to thin air before I fix my aim. And then the weird horizontal recoil comes and I miss the other half due to not being able to control it (too focused on trying to actually aim on point). End up doing 20 damage to the enemy and >400 dmg to the objects/air around him...

Message 10 of 47 (5,306 Views)