Re: Why am I bad?

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DarthValtrex wrote:
@TamyndrisWhat legend are you opting for? Guns?

What is accuracy like? If you’re not very accurate go for a spitfire. You’ll get out shot by other guns. But you’ll at least have some success until Your accuracy improves. It has a huge magazine so if you miss shots you’ll have plenty of ammo to land more.

Play bangalore. She is a good starter legend. Use the smoke to make exits and buy time. Her ult is used to buy time to run OR to split up a squad you’re rushing.

Wraith and pathfinder are the top legends but they can be difficult play correctly.

Thanks for the Spitfire hint, I will go with that.

I love to play Lifeline. While not the best shot, I like to play very team-serving, keep in 2nd line, so to speak, watch my mates, follow them and be with them the moment they need revive or health. The team-serving idea goes so far, that I leave better equipment (like armor and weapon mods) for my mates to fetch (because the probably can put it to better use up front). 

Have always been attracted by the role of healers/medics in games. Serving the squad, while you get prime target, often (not so in APEX) outfitted with inferior weaponry. 

p.s.: 2nd choice is Bangalore. From time to time, I am into trying out other legends, out of curiosity or diversity, then not focused on best performance.

Message 21 of 34 (418 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My best advice, don't die.

Seriously though, I am not that good at this game. I have been playing since day/season 3, I only have about 30 wins and 300 kills. I just stick with it, if you want to get good, practice in the Firing range, it's there for a reason. I would also recommend Raynday Gaming on Youtube, or Sultan D, they are my favorite Apex-ers (?). But there are plenty of others you could look up.

Message 22 of 34 (395 Views)

Champion

@Danny_DeCheeto44  I have no advice for you, i just wanted to say that's a great username. XD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 34 (390 Views)

★★★ Pro
Might not be entirely your fault depending on wether you play solo queue or with a premade, because even a decent player can only do so much against a full premade communicating their every move

If it's a choice, try to play with a friend or two, it'll be rough at first but once you get used to each others playstyles you'll start winning more, not much you can do in a team with total strangers when it comes to Apex if you're a average player.
Message 24 of 34 (381 Views)

★ Novice
Message 25 of 34 (367 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@DarthValtrex wrote:
@TamyndrisWhat legend are you opting for? Guns?

What is accuracy like? If you’re not very accurate go for a spitfire. You’ll get out shot by other guns. But you’ll at least have some success until Your accuracy improves. It has a huge magazine so if you miss shots you’ll have plenty of ammo to land more.

Play bangalore. She is a good starter legend. Use the smoke to make exits and buy time. Her ult is used to buy time to run OR to split up a squad you’re rushing.

Wraith and pathfinder are the top legends but they can be difficult play correctly.

This ^^^ 

Bangalore is fairly forgiving legend to play. To be frank, I think OP's issue is not using terrain to gain an upper hand in fights. Too many players out there have never even considered taking cover and kinda play assuming they could always outgun their opponent. 

It pays off to bait enemies into a chase and rail them as they get around the corner etc. Too few players do this.

Yeah i find a lot of times players just run out into the middle of nowhere to engage in a fight.

I think the fast paced and fun nature of Apex lends itself to it.

Coming from a shooter like Rainbow Six Siege I'm more accustomed to using cover and not leaving yourself exposed.

The amount of people i see looting or reviving with their backs to open doorways ... 😥

Message 26 of 34 (353 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Here's a tip...

Try to get the jump on someone and shoot them first.

This doesn't mean just start dumping at 'em from range. But try to get an angle, at a range you know you'll consistently hit at, and pop out on them and hit them hard.

Having the first line of shot on them means you'll have a much more settled aim, as they'll need to try to respond in a panic find where you are and aim.

It also means you'll be dumping damage into them before they do you

This can best be achieved by using your eyes, ears and terrain to locate your enemy and establish a strong position and line of sight to attack from and catch them out.

Message 27 of 34 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TamyndrisLots of new players opt for lifeline because her abilities make them feel like they are helping the team. But she can be hard to play and has some fairly big negatives. For example her ult gives away the entire teams location. That is going to attract people to your squad. When we see lifeline ults we rush the area.

When you use the spitfire try and use it in the short-medium ranges. You want to use it at ranges that are close enough for the gun to be effective but not so close that you’ll get melted by a prowler or R-99. But you also don’t want to use it at ranges that are to far or you’ll get sniped. General idea is be close enough to hit shots but far enough that the R-99/prowler players whiff shots. As you build confidence mess around with other guns.

Some other solid options are the prowler. It’s recoil is not terrible and it can definitely out shoot a R-99. It’s slightly more forgiving than the R-99. If you find a digital threat and select fire opt for the prowler over the spitfire. Just remember to use your smoke on the enemies when you have a digital threat.

R-301 is not a bad choice either, if you have a blue/purple mag.  but you can’t miss shots with it. Flatline is another solid gun.

Secondary weapon maybe a G7 or triple take. The G7 has a great fire rate and the recoil is not terrible, so you can spam fire shots. Triple take as it says has very little bullet drop so you don’t have to aim above the target. It’s also semi effective as a shotgun in CqC but that takes some practice to learn how to quick scope. Scopes go for a 2x 3x or 2x-4x.

Triple take requires a choke, especially when used at range.

It will take you a bit to figure out how to play Bang.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 28 of 34 (323 Views)

@1ronKeys Guilty, who cares if my backs to the door?! Silence I keeel you!!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 29 of 34 (307 Views)

★ Guide

@1ronKeys wrote:

Yeah i find a lot of times players just run out into the middle of nowhere to engage in a fight.

I think the fast paced and fun nature of Apex lends itself to it.

Coming from a shooter like Rainbow Six Siege I'm more accustomed to using cover and not leaving yourself exposed.

The amount of people i see looting or reviving with their backs to open doorways ... 

Very true, it's like some great force pulls me into the open. I don't know what games I have been playing that got me imprinted to CLOSE IN ON THE ENEMY, NO MATTER WHAT. It might be the strong feeling, that I will hit more shots at closer range. But it just remains stupid. ... I am missing your experience in Rainbow Six, Counterstrike and such.

Message 30 of 34 (275 Views)