Why add bright yellow vignetting when wounded, really why?

by SG4HiSpeedJnkie

Original Post

Why add bright yellow vignetting when wounded, really why?

★★ Guide

Overall I am really happy with the newest update on 4/30 but what is the deal with the horrible yellow vignetting when wounded? I find it extremely distracting to game play and it actually affected my overall results. Why add something that distracting? Is there a way to turn it off? I could not find one. I Love the new Elite Soldiers and other tweaks but cannot deal with the vignetting. Please tell me how to get rid of it. It is ruining my game play experience. This isn't exaggerated either as I find it so distracting it truly affects my ability to play at the level I want to and enjoy in a game I have invested this much cash in. 

This is not meant to be a negative post about Dice, EA or anyone responsible for the change. It is a cry for help from a Battlefield Veteran with over 300 hours of game play in just BFV alone to get rip of something so unwanted that it is hurting my love for the game.   

Message 1 of 12 (699 Views)

Re: Why add bright yellow vignetting when wounded, really why?

[ Edited ]

They pretty much removed it not too long ago, was it added back with this latest patch? (I haven't played any BFV today so haven't noticed yet). I know they made it so your health bar itself would change colour which in my opinion is the better way to go.

The bright yellow haze was first implemented to help players notice when their heal state was active (many players were rushing into combat not noticing they weren't at full health), and as far as I know, there is no way to remove it outright - you'll unfortunately need to wait for the next small patch they roll out.

Edit: ok so I just saw some videos on the matter - while slightly distracting, this is much, much better than the full screen haze I mentioned earlier. I'm sure we'll be able to tweak this later on

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 12 (687 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having trouble remembering the earlier haze but for me this new implementation is very distracting on a 32" monitor. I fully understand wanting to help less experienced players know their health state but for people that play hours a day 5 or more days a week it shouldn't be needed.

I just wish there was a way to turn off this very unwelcome change to a game I love. 

Message 3 of 12 (661 Views)

★★ Pro

Personally I hate it. Unnecessary and completely distracting.

Message 4 of 12 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yeah I hate it too. I don't understand adding all this flashing lights and glows and stuff to warn you your ammo is low or your healing or suggesting you take a medicine pack. Its extremely distracting. Its not that hard to glance down at my health after taking damage to see where I'm at. Or after firing a bunch of bullets looking at my ammo to see if I need to reload. Or hell just reload at the end of each encounter. I wish they would get rid of all of it. It destroys the immersion when I've got pinball machine lights all around the screen

Message 5 of 12 (625 Views)

★★ Guide

The yellow vignetting actually got stuck last night when I was shot while healing. It stay on my screen for half of a game. I can't understand how they can make a change this visually impacting without a way to turn it off. 

I do get why it was added and it probably does help newer players. I have over 300 hours in BFV alone, pretty sure I know when I am wounded or low on ammo.  

Message 6 of 12 (607 Views)

Community Manager

@SG4HiSpeedJnkie wrote:

The yellow vignetting actually got stuck last night when I was shot while healing. It stay on my screen for half of a game. I can't understand how they can make a change this visually impacting without a way to turn it off. 

I do get why it was added and it probably does help newer players. I have over 300 hours in BFV alone, pretty sure I know when I am wounded or low on ammo.  

That's good to know, thanks for pointing that out. Even though you have 300 hours in BFV and know when to heal up, this can be something beneficial for newcomers that don't know you can heal in the game or forget to. I can personally seeing it as something that helps drive teamwork. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 12 (595 Views)

★★ Guide

I appreciate the response and understand where this comes from. I'd like to make sure to point out that I definitely understand why it is something many players like and that it might assist with their game play. I'm just disappointed that it cannot be turned off for those of us who do not want it as part of our gaming environment. Do I find it extremely distracting and at times impacting my game play, yes. Will it stop me from playing, no. I'm a Battlefield fan for life and it would take a lot more than this to stop me from wanting to play.    

Message 8 of 12 (588 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Personally not a fan but it does not affect the gameplay.

Message 9 of 12 (563 Views)

EA DICE Team

From my own point of view after playing a few hours I don't even notice the yellow glow from getting healed, I do like the reminder that I can heal up as I sometimes forget. 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 12 (557 Views)