Re: Why SBMM sort of needs to stay

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Why SBMM sort of needs to stay

★★ Expert

https://youtu.be/EMDRrm_a7gE
The SBMM messed up, so he was placed with noobs and destroyed them. 20 kill, almost 4K damage, it would suck to be on the receiving end.

Message 1 of 8 (546 Views)

@Sir_Named Yup, every once in a while I have bad streaks and end up in a lower skill lobby. It’s not good when it happens. I’ll squad wipe everything I bump into. I only go down if I get third partied at the right time.

Frequently in lobbies with 4-5 pred squads and lots of diamond trails. they are hard for me, but not so much that I can’t have fun.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (516 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex Exactly, i want a challange, if i lose, then i just take notes and improve. Destroying lower rank players is not something to brag or take pride in.

Fix SBMM, make it work how its supposed to, just ignore the 180 decibles of whine produced by people who dont know how to achieve anything.
Message 3 of 8 (501 Views)

★★★ Expert

The kind of game Apex is, you really can't fault 'SBMM"

Skill in Apex can be number of kills, or it can be just surviving to the end.  But in either case, players with more time to play will rise in rank and grind out the numbers.

You could play 10 games, killing 5 in each game and coming in as Champion in every game, and still be bronze if that's all the time you have to play before a split.

But a person who plays every day who gets 0 kills and top 5 can grind their way to silver no problem.  Kings Canyon is the perfect map for that...hide, let everybody kill each other, raise your rank.

World's Edge needs you to both kill and win so it is harder there, but the same thing applies.

How is any SBMM system going to be able to account for that?  Apex isn't at least running around thinking their SBMM is something sent from God, like Blizzard.  Because they probably are well aware of the problem, and doing the best they can.

Message 4 of 8 (480 Views)

★ Guide
@Sir_Named You mean, he exploited his way into a bot lobby. This is no accident or SBMM somehow malfunctioning. This is a known glitch in the game which allows you to perform a certain few actions which disabled SBMM for your next game.

There are pros abusing this exploit and then posting world record kills and damage and when people call them out on the fact that every deathbox happens to be someone under lvl 10 running around in a default skin their moronic fanbase comes running to defend their actions.

Its simple. This glitch has been around for months, Pros are abusing it for their own gain. This is no mistake. This is an exploit and this dude is playing it off like he has no idea wat happened. Funny how he starts the video on the character select screen and not while in the lobby where he performs the actions in order to break the SBMM matchmaking process.

In conclusion, this glitch is all over youtube, people are abusing the hell out of it and they have been doing so for months. It has still not been fixed and i doubt it will be fixed anytime soon.
Message 5 of 8 (464 Views)

★★ Expert
@RipjawsAU-TTV Well, I am inclined to take the youtuber’s word that SBMM somehow malfunctioned, but my point still stands. There should be at least some SBMM.
This is for the people who don’t want SBMM in the game.
Message 6 of 8 (420 Views)

★★★ Novice

If that's what you became after 5 seasons of Apex,a hiding rat on the map I can imagine how good you are getting the loot on the map ... this is why the game has a huge gap between those who actually want to play the game,get better and also grind and those who are literally controled by some numbers, in the comment you wrote I can understand that you would leave your team behind no matter what just to top 5 and also there's a lot I could discuss with you on this matter but all I can say that everything in this game it's a resource but if you let your mind dominate you and force you hide on the map I wouldn't want you in my team what so ever,stick to your style and you'll drop in a matter of seconds,eventually getting in skirmishes with a 3 v 3 or 3rd some fights brings always something new to the table plus you work on your aim,positioning and when and how to fight,I would not want to have you in ranked near me I'm dead serious,just keep hugging the buildings and every hole on the map and you'll literally end up not being able to land a shot on any one,competitive games these days are destroyed by such a players like you not just Apex I'm talking in general,you hide to gain numbers but you lose on the other side you know what I mean! Don't let a few numbers control your actions or style no matter how bad I want to grind at some point the effort i put into and the practice and hard work will bring results and you would be amazed after all to see what you are capable of but it takes not just time but also dedication!

Message 7 of 8 (310 Views)

★★★ Expert

Well, maybe they should just git gud.

Message 8 of 8 (296 Views)