Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why Legendary items are so worthless?

by Blacksunfire

Original Post

Why Legendary items are so worthless?

★★★★ Novice

I have found 4 so far, but their inscriptions are way worse than my masterworks. 

Legendary items should not have random inscriptions. Maybe they should be even rarer to find, but they should be always worth it! Also make them a bit different from their masterwork counterparts.

Message 1 of 11 (311 Views)

Re: Why Legendary items are so worthless?

★★★★ Apprentice

The good ones will come sooner or later. My first 9-10 Legendary have no damage or low rolls only than later the better ones started to drop. 

Its just my theory but I think the higher your Powerlevel the higher the chance youw ill find better items.  Since I am 700+ most of the MW and Legendary I find have nice rolls.

Message 2 of 11 (299 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Really hoping the next patch fixes the loot problems once and for all, and that there is some plan for masterwork embers coming. The last 7 legendaries I've gotten have either been duplicates of terrible abilities (looking at you black powder) or have been for other javalins I never play. Theres nothing quite as defeating as getting a duplicate storm component when I've never played it.

Message 3 of 11 (257 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@NoirNine wrote:

Really hoping the next patch fixes the loot problems once and for all, and that there is some plan for masterwork embers coming.

Clearly, you haven't seen any of the coverage of what's coming in the next patch.

Besides which, Anthem could never 'fix the loot problems once and for all.' People will be complaining about the loot system until the game is finally closed down (hopefully a long time in the future), and probably until the Earth is finally consumed by the expanding sun. The fiery death of the planet cannot curb the enthusiasm of 'fans' on the internet.

Message 4 of 11 (247 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@WitchesNRayGuns wrote:

@NoirNine wrote:

Really hoping the next patch fixes the loot problems once and for all, and that there is some plan for masterwork embers coming.

Clearly, you haven't seen any of the coverage of what's coming in the next patch.

Besides which, Anthem could never 'fix the loot problems once and for all.' People will be complaining about the loot system until the game is finally closed down (hopefully a long time in the future), and probably until the Earth is finally consumed by the expanding sun. The fiery death of the planet cannot curb the enthusiasm of 'fans' on the internet.

Uh, that's exactly what I was talking about. There is a massive difference between saying a legendary drops from a boss .5% of the time on gm3 and a a boss on gm3 typically drops 3-5 legendaries every time. All they've said is bosses can drop legendaries. Big deal, chests can drop legendaries too, but that doesnt stop hundreds of people popping chests in gm3 and being greeted with blues and purples. Context matters. 

Message 5 of 11 (241 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Given the context of the thread being about poor inscriptions, the patch isn’t addressing that afaik. Better boss loot is a welcome change for a variety of reasons, though.

Message 6 of 11 (232 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Blacksunfire wrote:

I have found 4 so far, but their inscriptions are way worse than my masterworks. 

Legendary items should not have random inscriptions. Maybe they should be even rarer to find, but they should be always worth it! Also make them a bit different from their masterwork counterparts.

Even with useless inscriptions, Leg is still far superior to MW with perfect inscriptions... Pure PL of Leg item is multiplied in terms of DMG and defense, and inscriptions are just additive to base... so yeah... tehere is no useless Leg item...

Message 7 of 11 (229 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the quality.  I took it real quick with my phone to taunt my friend.

Message 8 of 11 (203 Views)

★★ Guide
Inscription rolls vary wildly and only a few of them are actually useful. I have about 30 legendary weapons but I'll only use 2 of them because the rolls are all trash or the weapon type is useless
Message 9 of 11 (147 Views)

@Blacksunfire wrote:

I have found 4 so far, but their inscriptions are way worse than my masterworks. ...

When you pick up a 'game changing' Legendary, you'll know.

They are certainly there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 10 of 11 (145 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help